• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PBS Question] Wild Pokemon not appearing even though debug screen shows data

Years
    • Seen Jun 3, 2020
    I'm early in the development of a project, and after lots of scripting and mapping I've finally started doing encounters. However, I just can't get wild Pokemon to appear.

In the debug editor the encounters show properly with the correct levels. This map is supposed to have Cave encounters, but I also tried Land and setting the floor tile to the grass tag to see if that would work. Either way I set it up, no wild Pokemon would show up. The density is set to normal levels, and I have the correct number of entries.

I can't seem to find anything about this in an existing thread or online, so any help would be appreciated.

Unfortunately my account is new so I can't post links to screenshots. If anyone's interested I could send them.

Years
    • Seen Jun 3, 2020
    I've given the player a Pokemon on this map for the purpose of getting it to work, but it appears it isn't in the party as Pokemon isn't showing up in the pause menu (just noticed this).

pbAddPokemon(:EEVEE,5)

The Pokemon received/nickname prompt do show up, so now it's just a matter of figuring out why this is happening. Thanks for the tip.

Back