• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Tool✓] devkitPro and Cygwin issue [Solved]

Chachii

Spaghetti Vendor
Years
  • I'm currently using the latest versions of both (or at least I think so) on Windows 7 64 bit. I have two HDDs, but everything is installed on my C: Drive as the other is just a backup.

I'm currently facing a problem with the "Setting up and using Pokeruby/Pokeemerald" tutorial. (I can't post links yet, sorry.)

Error message using the cyg Terminal.
    Code:
          1 [main] make (10244) C:\devkitPro\msys2\usr\bin\make.exe: *** fatal error - cygheap base mismatch detected - 0x1802FD410/0x1802FF410.
    This problem is probably due to using incompatible versions of the cygwin DLL.
    Search for cygwin1.dll using the Windows Start->Find/Search facility
    and delete all but the most recent version.  The most recent version *should*
    reside in x:\cygwin\bin, where 'x' is the drive on which you have
    installed the cygwin distribution.  Rebooting is also suggested if you
    are unable to find another cygwin DLL.
    ./build.sh: line 3: 12396 Segmentation fault      make -C gcc clean

I'm not sure if I'm doing anything wrong, but I've made sure that the only cygwin1.dll on my system is the one in "cygwin64/bin" directory. I've tried running the terminal as administrator as well, but still no luck.

Last edited:
    Back