• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

At least this team has no broken suspects.

Detox

Okay so I was getting bored with pokemon once again. So Luke told me to make a fun team. So I did. And this is it.

Oh and yeah this is a sandstorm team. Live with it.

Spr_b_5b_485.png

Heatran (M) @ Balloon
    Trait: Flash Fire
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Stealth Rock
    - Taunt
    - Fire Blast
    - Earth Power
    ---
    Heatran was my choice of lead for several reasons. Is a multi threat, per say. It can taunt other pokemon to stop their setup, act as an attacking lead, or just setup its own hazards. Depending on the lead, I usually try to either kill it off or set up rocks and conserve Heatran for later in the match.

Spr_b_5b_248.png

Tyranitar (M) @ Choice Scarf
    Trait: Sand Stream
    EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
    Hasty Nature (+Spd, -Def)
    - Stone Edge
    - Crunch
    - Superpower
    - Pursuit
    ---
    I changed this to scarftar because 56 attack EV's does pitiful damage to rank, and I kept getting beat by uncommon things like gengar and latias.

Spr_b_5b_530.png

Excadrill (M) @ Balloon
    Trait: Sand Throw
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
    - Swords Dance
    - Earthquake
    - Rock Slide
    - Rapid Spin
    ---
    Ah Excadrill. One of my teams major pivots. Its main purpose is as a rapid spinner, but on occasion I may be able to bust it out and sweep some things. I really don't have much else to say except it helps me beat things such as steels, and provides me with an electric immunity which is always nice.

Spr_b_5b_251.png

Celebi @ Life Orb
    Trait: Natural Cure
    EVs: 232 HP / 220 SAtk / 56 Spd
    Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
    - Thunder Wave
    - Recover
    - Psychic
    - Leaf Storm
    ---
    Celebi was put on the team in its beta stages when I still had machamp/Roob, for para support. Now that they're gone, I keep it as it provides a nice little solution to such things as speed boosting sweepers that try to switch in (Doredia, Venusaur are prime examples) predicting a leaf storm. I still use Thunder Wave to help out tar sometimes, or just if I need to put something out of commission. Recover helps with survivability, and the last two moves are obligatory STAB.

Spr_b_5b_130_m.png

Gyarados (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Intimidate
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Speed
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Dragon Dance
    - Taunt
    - Waterfall
    - Bounce
    ---
    Gyara is sorta my weakest link here. It was originally Conkledurr/Machamp, who seemed to do nothing, so I removed them. I also seemed to be getting beat by Scizor and Ulgamoth a lot, so I opted for Gyara. Taunt is to stop pokemon like Ferrothorn and Jellicent from doing what they do best, setting up. DD is a nice little tactic to use after I taunt something to gain a nifty +1 in speed and attack, and the last two slots serve as STAB. Im considering making this a bulkygyara but I need opinions on that as well.

Spr_b_5b_392.png

Infernape (M) @ Life Orb
    Trait: Blaze
    EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Nasty Plot
    - Vacuum Wave
    - Hidden Power [Ice]
    - Fire Blast
    ---
    Infernape was placed on this team purely because I struggled beating Skarmory and Ferrothorn. It also serves as a nice revenge killer at times, beating the likes of Excadrill to a pulp with Vaccum Wave. Hidden Power ice is for dragons like Garchomp and Haxorus, who like to try and switch in on predicted Fire Blasts.

I know this probably has some glaring weaks but thats the point of a RMT, right?

Last edited:
    Back