• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help Needed: Touhou Puppet Play HD Remix

PokemonMasterFlare

Pokemon Pro!
Years
    • Seen Nov 12, 2023
    As of 12/12/2019, I'm afraid I'm gonna have to cancel this project for now. I might come back to it in the future, but don't expect it any time soon.

My plan is to remake Aichiya Sanae's Touhou Puppet Play Enhanced, but with new stuff added in. Since I can't really edit TPPE with any hacking tools (or at least the ones I've tried), I'll be working from a clean Fire Red rom. However, there's no way in heck I'll be able to do this alone. I'm gonna need help from some of you guys.

Planned Features
    - 8 playable trainers, with both child and young teen versions of each
    -- Male: Red and Blue (Gary) from the Pokemon series, and two male OCs (to keep the gender ratio an even 50/50)
    -- Female: Green (female trainer of FR and LG) and Yellow from the Pokemon series, and Renko and Mary from the Touhou series
    - Can choose your rival from the other playable trainers (they will always be the same age as your character)
    - Most Boneka from the original Touhou Puppet Play Enhanced will return, and many new Boneka will be added
    -- The dex, or "artbook" in this case, will be expanded to include data of almost every Boneka in the game, if not every Boneka in the game
    -- Boneka returning from Enhanced will be rebalanced
    -- All characters will have Chibi forms and can evolve into Normal forms, and after evolving to Normal form, they can use Heart Stone key items to change modes, causing type and base stat changes.
    -- Some Boneka have special evolutions, including, but not limited to, Advent forms
    --- Heart Stones do not work on these special evolutions
    --- A-VIVIT and Alice-B now evolve from their Chibi counterparts, and will have revamped designs
    - Trainer sprites, Boneka sprites, and overworld sprites will be remade from scratch
    - Multiple regions, including Kanto, Jhoto, and even Gensokyo, each with their own Gyms and Boneka League
    -- Once you've conquered all Leagues, your greatest challenge awaits at the top of Mt. Silver
    -- The Boneka Village from Enhanced returns, access requirements haven't been decided yet
    - Badges from all regions can be viewed on your Trainer Card
    - Level 1 starters
    - Eggs hatch at level 1
    - Obtain National Pokedex from the start, instead of after the Kanto League
    - Day and Night system
    - New evolution methods
    - Physical/Special split
    - New Types, including Light and Reversed
    - New abilities, moves, and items
    - Level cap increased to 225 (Successfully implemented)
    -- Trainers in Jhoto and Gensokyo will be level balanced based on the new level cap

What I Need
    - A way to increase the number of playable characters
    - Help with implementing the method of choosing your playable character and rival
    - Spriters
    - Maps makers
    - Scripters
    - Someone to balance out all Boneka and the new Types
    - Someone to code in the new evolution methods
    - Someone to create teams for enemy trainers
    - Someone to code non-Kanto badges appearing on the trainer card
    - Help with understanding how to implement form changing

I made a Discord server for this, but joining it is not required. Anyone's free to join, whether it be someone working on the hack or just someone curious about how it's progressing. Here's the link to join: -The Discord Server has been deleted by me-

Please post any suggestions for additions, removals, or changes either here or in the Discord server's suggestions channel.

I'm also considering implementing Mega Evolutions, but that's currently undecided.

As much as I hope all my planned features get implemented, don't be surprised if one or more get cut from the final game. And before anyone asks, yes, I did get the "HD Remix" part from Kingdom Hearts.

Last edited:
    Back