• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

When is Sun and Moon UA going to end???

Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2020
Eh 3D CGI isn't all bad. Some Animated series used it to great effect and were quite popular during their time. Shows such as Reboot or Code Lyoko come to mind along with Clone Wars and Star Wars Rebels. As for the Anime overall, its going to go from SuMo to whatever Generation 8 happens to be. Whether Ash is the male protagonist is the question to ask(which may hinge on outcome of Alolan League). Episode 91 or the Pikachu Episode just aired this past Saturday. 92 is slated to air next weekend. I haven't seen evidence as to when Episode 93 will air so if the current Season stops at 92, that will be 48 Episodes for the current season(Season 21).

We'll see regarding 3D CGI. As far as Ash winning the Alola league, even if he does that (and quite frankly, after they utterly blew it at Kalos, they really shouldn't have him lose Alola), they'd still need to have him face the Elite 4 considering that it was made very clear that Ash upon winning the league still needs to beat the Elite 4 and champion of that region before he even comes close to accomplishing his goal back in DP.

simone1234

Don't underestimate the enemy/opponent.
Years
I did enjoy some stuff like Star wars rebel 3d, but being used to pokemon since little with normal graphics i don't know if my feelings for poke will be gone, anyway i just saw somewhere on some social site about possible titles future ( though they might be fake i heard)

Pokemon King& Queen ( Ash becoming kmaster ? And heroine some similiar goal to ash ? )

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
I doubt those are factual future titles(fan-made at best). I've also been looking at the schedule for Disney XD and so far it doesn't look promising on English Dub. Episode 92 airs this Saturday as planned from the looks of it but after that looks like they're going on a rerun hiatus. March 2nd has no new Episode(Night of a Thousand Poses or Episode 48) and the following Saturday is the same deal(Filling the Light with Darkness or Episode 87) if what I saw happens to be the case. I can't seem to find info for dates beyond that or confirm what I've seen happens to be the case. Needless to say its a bit annoying that the English Dub would be taking a break when they're over 4 months behind.

Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2020
I doubt those are factual future titles(fan-made at best). I've also been looking at the schedule for Disney XD and so far it doesn't look promising on English Dub. Episode 92 airs this Saturday as planned from the looks of it but after that looks like they're going on a rerun hiatus. March 2nd has no new Episode(Night of a Thousand Poses or Episode 48) and the following Saturday is the same deal(Filling the Light with Darkness or Episode 87) if what I saw happens to be the case. I can't seem to find info for dates beyond that or confirm what I've seen happens to be the case. Needless to say its a bit annoying that the English Dub would be taking a break when they're over 4 months behind.

Dang it, was hoping I'd see the dub of the episodes where Misty and Brock are in Alola via Pokémon TV (not planning to see them on Disney Channel/Disney XD/Disney+, as I'm boycotting Disney thanks to certain... stupidity that Disney's done in 2017 among other things.).

Well, let's hope that Misty and Brock return in the Japanese series soon (and we're pretty sure they'll return since both episodes made note to mention a desire to return to Alola, and besides, why add them to the opening for Sun and Moon if this was going to be their only appearance, to say little about adding them in via clips actually from the episodes, something not even AG got when Misty returned twice), because I'm definitely doubtful the dub for those episodes will air anytime soon. They might air by the time the series is over.

Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2020
I don't see why anyone would actually expect a CGI Pokemon series given that traditional anime are still the norm in Japan. Two CGI fiilms =/= a massive upcoming formula change as far as the main show is concerned.

Yeah, and let's not forget: Japan's done CGI films plenty of times before (like, for example, the three Resident Evil movies as well as Advent Children), yet I don't recall anime being retired.

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
Dang it, was hoping I'd see the dub of the episodes where Misty and Brock are in Alola via Pokémon TV (not planning to see them on Disney Channel/Disney XD/Disney+, as I'm boycotting Disney thanks to certain... stupidity that Disney's done in 2017 among other things.).

Well, let's hope that Misty and Brock return in the Japanese series soon (and we're pretty sure they'll return since both episodes made note to mention a desire to return to Alola, and besides, why add them to the opening for Sun and Moon if this was going to be their only appearance, to say little about adding them in via clips actually from the episodes, something not even AG got when Misty returned twice), because I'm definitely doubtful the dub for those episodes will air anytime soon. They might air by the time the series is over.

If they kept the 1 Episode/week pace, it would have taken them until July 13th to air up to Episode 112 or what has been revealed for Japanese Dub so far. At that same pace, the English Dub would hit Episode 136 on December 28. Anything beyond that means going into 2020. With respect to your Brock and Misty Episodes, they wouldn't have aired until May so you'd have a long wait even if there weren't a break. With the break though means that they're likely going to be doing a "Marathon" to catch up and/or burn through Episodes. When that will be I have no idea and I'm not sure SuMo will even reach 136, much less 130 based on what they have left to cover. Also have to consider them changing from Saturday to another day like they did last year during the Summer. I've seen no evidence of them considering it but I'm just throwing it out there.

Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2020
If they kept the 1 Episode/week pace, it would have taken them until July 13th to air up to Episode 112 or what has been revealed for Japanese Dub so far. At that same pace, the English Dub would hit Episode 136 on December 28. Anything beyond that means going into 2020. With respect to your Brock and Misty Episodes, they wouldn't have aired until May so you'd have a long wait even if there weren't a break. With the break though means that they're likely going to be doing a "Marathon" to catch up and/or burn through Episodes. When that will be I have no idea and I'm not sure SuMo will even reach 136, much less 130 based on what they have left to cover. Also have to consider them changing from Saturday to another day like they did last year during the Summer. I've seen no evidence of them considering it but I'm just throwing it out there.

Yeah, I know, but at least with the 1 Episode/week pace, I'd be able to see those episodes sooner rather than later. At this current rate, I'm more likely to see it in August or September, if even this year.

Last edited:

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
When a new season starts on Disney they tend to do the first two weeks of 5 eps so maybe that will happen again?

Well assuming they stop at Episode 92, Season 21 will have had 49 Episodes(1 of which was never aired so technically 48). Season 20 had 43 Episodes so if we're going by the 48 Episode/season mark, SuMo would have grand total of 140 Episodes or just as many as Kalos did. It would take a considerable Marathon or airing 1 Episode per day for a few weeks just to cram it into 2019 so that the new series and Season 23 can debut in 2020. I just can't see how they intend to squeeze 28 Episodes out of Team Skull and the Alolan League. Maybe another return of Brock and Misty, or other past characters(never know. Serena is due for something, even if it's a Hoenn Special).

AveeVaporGlitch

Stuck In Unova
Years
Well assuming they stop at Episode 92, Season 21 will have had 49 Episodes(1 of which was never aired so technically 48). Season 20 had 43 Episodes so if we're going by the 48 Episode/season mark, SuMo would have grand total of 140 Episodes or just as many as Kalos did. It would take a considerable Marathon or airing 1 Episode per day for a few weeks just to cram it into 2019 so that the new series and Season 23 can debut in 2020. I just can't see how they intend to squeeze 28 Episodes out of Team Skull and the Alolan League. Maybe another return of Brock and Misty, or other past characters(never know. Serena is due for something, even if it's a Hoenn Special).

At this point without bad the pacing has been for SM I have no real idea. I've got to the point to just think of SM as some random vacation from the anime. The challenge was done in such a weird way not to mention how they have done stuff with Nebby and Necrzoma. Plus Ash is still in need of two pokemon. I really just hope gen has a much more organized route for the anime to take.

Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2020

Don't know about Serena. They didn't even bother giving Iris a return in XY, and they haven't done any specials focusing on XY as of late. I really doubt they'll give Serena a reappearance at this point, special or main series (they would have done it by now, since Dawn and even Iris got those post-series specials around the beginning of BW and XY, respectively.). And I'm pretty sure Misty and Brock are going to have at least one more appearance (no real reason to mention in both episodes a desire to return to Alola if such weren't the case).

AveeVaporGlitch

Stuck In Unova
Years
Well SuMo literally began as a vacation trip, so I can see why it still seems that way. I didn't think the Nebby stuff was that bad, though.

My biggest issue is just with Ash in general. The shift in personality and even rive bugs me. In every other region he cares about his goal but with the island challenge it seems as if he really doesn't care. Among other reasons I'm actually looking forward to SM ending. Not trying to be that person since you you watch SM with the mind set it is a stand alone series it is ok but really hope nothing really carries over personally.

Years
I think it is that Ash is enrolling into the Pokemon School, so he has not wasting his time to do but to study things until the final episode of graduation comes.

Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2020
I think it is that Ash is enrolling into the Pokemon School, so he has not wasting his time to do but to study things until the final episode of graduation comes.

Also the Alola League. Don't forget, the guy running the school was inspired to create the Alola League after seeing Misty and Brock's battles.

AveeVaporGlitch

Stuck In Unova
Years
I feel the league is going to be lackluster. I mean think about it so far we have no idea about the rules. It could be a league where literally anyone can enter. At least with other regions the gyms filter our bad trainers and rounds up the top in the region. With this league it could allow anyone with a pokemon to join. Also factoring that battling is not that big in Alola it could bring it a ton of people to join but at the same time all or at least most are weak trainers. Which is why personally I'd love for the league to bring in Ash's older friends who actually know how to battle. If the league was Ash,Kukui,Kiwae,Gladion and a few of Ash's friends I would be more invested. Heck I'd love to see James return with a full team. (Think he could assuming they bring in some of his older Pokemon like Mime JR and Cacnea.)

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
The thought of bringing in all the past companions is an intriguing one but it has just major and glaring issue: Reason to bring them there in the first place. Brock and Misty have excuses being that they're on vacation visiting but their goals aren't hampered by them doing so. Meaning the "Performer" Girls in May, Dawn and Serena would need a convincing hook or reason to show up there as opposed to Dawn during Unova. Iris has reason to show up as much as Misty does being a Dragon Master in training and wanting to test herself against Ash again. We can also throw in former rivals like Gary, Paul and Trip but like the companions, what reason is there for them to suddenly show up out of the blue and furthermore detracts from regional rivals in Kiawe(appears to be one now), Hau and Gladion.

Plus you also have May's Japanese VA issue to deal with if she was to make a return.

AveeVaporGlitch

Stuck In Unova
Years
The thought of bringing in all the past companions is an intriguing one but it has just major and glaring issue: Reason to bring them there in the first place. Brock and Misty have excuses being that they're on vacation visiting but their goals aren't hampered by them doing so. Meaning the "Performer" Girls in May, Dawn and Serena would need a convincing hook or reason to show up there as opposed to Dawn during Unova. Iris has reason to show up as much as Misty does being a Dragon Master in training and wanting to test herself against Ash again. We can also throw in former rivals like Gary, Paul and Trip but like the companions, what reason is there for them to suddenly show up out of the blue and furthermore detracts from regional rivals in Kiawe(appears to be one now), Hau and Gladion.

Plus you also have May's Japanese VA issue to deal with if she was to make a return.

I mean we wouldn't need all of them to return. Wait what is wrong with May's VA? Is she dead? If so can't they just have someone else do it?

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
I mean we wouldn't need all of them to return. Wait what is wrong with May's VA? Is she dead? If so can't they just have someone else do it?

May's VA became a professional Pop Star and hence moved on from VA. It'd require TPC to convince her to come back for a return special, potentially requiring paying her gobs of $$$ to do so. Its very uncommon for Japanese Anime studios to bring in another VA, often writing the character out of the series or just opting to not bring the character back if the old VA has died or is unavailable. There are exceptions, mind you, such as for Giovanni and the narrator for the Pokemon Anime. Granted those are exceptions, not the rule as they say.

Back