• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Essentials] Help Create Pokemon Love and Hatred

Years
    • Seen Feb 12, 2024
    (First time ever doing something like this, let's see how it goes) I've never have considered myself a programmer. My expertise is in art and spriting, but yet despite this, I have made maaaany attempts to create a Pokémon fangame, just cuz I felt so inspired by the talent and projects around me! Unfortunately, pretty much all my attempts failed and never saw the light of day! I was very young at the time when I was doing this. I lacked proper professionalism, my sprite quality was a lot poorer than it is now, and at the time I had the issue of relying on people to do everything for me. So yeah, no way in heck would anyone want to work for someone like that. However, years passed, I learned to be a more competent and useful project leader, my spritework improved (to the best of my ability. I find that I especially excel in gen 2 styled sprites!), and I no longer BEG people to join my project. Buuut, I still can't really code... And until recently all I've done was make trainer sprites as a hobbie. Recently I made a custom set of gym leaders and posted them to the pokecommunity discord. One of the members was impressed by my character creation and spritework so much that they hit me up in dm's and offered to help make a fangame with me including said gym leaders! And thus, Pokémon Love and Hatred was born! Our team has grown slightly more since then, but it wouldn't hurt to recruit a feeew more to decrease stress and keep a stedy dev flow!

hsYq4Yn.png

Travel through the region of Arejo, collect the 8 gym badges, and tackle the Arejo league to become the very best! But watch out, Team Null is planning something, and you may run into them once or twice during your adventure.

Features planned as of right now:

-A new region to explore
    -Pokémon from generations 1 to 9 (if at all possible)
    -Nightmare and dream Pokémon forms
    -New Mega Evolutions
    -New Gigantamax forms
    -An intriqite story with plot twists and character development, without going too past the boundaries of what were used to seeing in Pokémon.
    -And more!

Protagonists:
    qYg8Lbz.png

yzzjS7x.png

Your hotshot rival who has bullied you since you were kids:
    4BOGTBY.png

w2SlqtK.png

Screenshots:
    VXZW4Z3.png
    pzUX8RD.png

XQz5PWr.png
    znWM3wP.png

JDrV68c.png
    1scnAER.png

MENfxsM.png
    FuaSbeA.png

Currently recruiting:

-Artists and spriters for:
    Character design
    Dream and Nightmare designs for pokemon

Programmers for:
    New features
    and new scripts

-Writers for:
    Plot, characters, and dialog in general

Beta Testers

-Current Team:
    *Me! PanicStretch (project leader, trainer spriter, and custom tile creator)
    *Snewpoid (artist and programmer)
    *CallMeBlue (Composer)
    *SarioTG (Composer)
    *Taynathon (Tile set creator, scripter, programer, and artist)

You can comment down below, or if you would prefer it, contact me with these:
    My Discord: Panic#4004
    Our twitter: @HatredPoke
    Or you can message me via PokéCommunity Direct Messages

Game is being made with POKÉMON ESSENTIALS GSC KIT
    Version: 1.3

Years
  • Hello! I love the concept of creating nightmare and dream versions of pokémon: unfortunately I already have another project to think about, but I would love to be able to help out with the concepts of the new Pokémon! If you need a hand, even if I don't think I can help much, don't hesitate to ask: I already have a lot of ideas going through my head!

my Discord account:
    BellinoSan#7991
    p.s.
    unfortunately I don't have a graphic tablet, I draw on paper, but I'm trying my hand at pixel art little by little!

Back