• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Bank error messages

Years
  • I wasn't sure whether this was a better fit to Pokemon Gaming Central or Previous Generations, but chose Previous Gens because the pokemon stored in Bank would come from older games.

I was trying to deposit some mons from old save files, and also withdraw some pokemon I had stored in bank. Everything works like usual, until I try to save my session, and close out. I get an error message saying that communication with server was interrupted, and bank closes without saving my progress. At first I thought it was a one-time occurrence, but it happens every time I try to access it now, and i can't do anything with this service, even though I still have a subscription.

I have heard of this happening sometimes when there's a poor signal or if the SD card in the 3ds has been damaged, but my wifi is fine doing everything else, it's here right beside me and i never had a problem before accessing this storage system. My SD card also seems to be woking like normal and reading all the files, no data seems corrupted. What gives?

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • It could maybe be on their end and not yours. Maybe try reconnecting your wifi on your 3DS? At this point, the 3ds is going on to be 12 years old. They ought to be wearing down by now.

Maybe flip off the wireless switch to disable it and then turn it back on? I don't know if Pokemon Bank is still getting a lot of traffic, but it could be.

Years
  • It could maybe be on their end and not yours. Maybe try reconnecting your wifi on your 3DS? At this point, the 3ds is going on to be 12 years old. They ought to be wearing down by now.

Maybe flip off the wireless switch to disable it and then turn it back on? I don't know if Pokemon Bank is still getting a lot of traffic, but it could be.

I think you're right, may have been an issue with Nintendo's network. I closed pokemon bank, turned the console off, and the wifi and just walked away, came back a few hours later, and happy to report that everything worked like normal :) I reordered some boxes, stored mons and saved. All looks good now
    *knocks woods*

Back