• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Speedchoice Romhack Questions

Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2023
    Hey all
    Been searching around for answers to these, been going crazy.

1. For Red/Crystal/Other "Speedchoice" style patches, do they have all possible pokemon available??

For example, Red Speedchoice has a mode called 151 race, but doesn't say ANYWHERE whether all 151 have been made available in that version. I can't decide if it should be obvious that they are or if I'm missing something. And if they do have all 151 available, how are trade evolutions handled? Is there a list of locations for the ones not usually in that given version?

2. Is there a similar patch for FR/LG / the other Gen 3 Games?

Whenever I search this up I see the Disassembly page on the Github come up, but I think that is something totally different.

I believe I have seen one for Emerald but that's all I've been able to find.

I really like the QOL improvements and options available in the Gen 1 Speedchoice, since they can all be toggled on and off and combined with a randomizer to really get a custom experience. I'm aware of full hacks like Inflamed Red, but I would like to know how to dial in a custom experience for myself.

Sorry if these are really dumb questions; I see people doing race runs and catch em alls and think they're so cool but they never mention anything about which hacks they are using, how they are set up, etc.

Thanks!

Back