• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Crystal hack: Pokémon Rising Crystal [COMPLETED]

Years
    • Seen Sep 3, 2023
    Hey just thought I would drop in. It was a hell of a slog to beat the Elite 4 the first time lol. I've never seen myself as one to be good at hard hacks and this one definitely made me put the game down a handful of times due to the difficulty. I guess I had to accept multiple times that my team I built wasn't going to work for most of the gym leaders. That and the only way I was able to beat the final Pokémon of the elite 4 was a destiny bond Gengar lol. I never got to go into the whirlpool islands sadly.

OmegaHydreigon

Ultimate Bucket
    Years
  • Alright! This was a fun hack. I tried something new that I haven't done before and tried beating the game on set mode (which I never do because I'm not very good at Pokemon) and it was a fresh, enjoyable experience! The obvious highlights for me were the gym leader battles - those were incredible. I also really liked the new evolutions, especially Magnela and Corrodal. I actually had a reason to use Corsola lol

However, I do have one criticism, although it's more of a personal one. Chuck, after you get rid of Aipom, is completely defenseless against Alakazam. All you have to do is click Psychic. Maybe move Kadabra's evolution to match Machoke's at level 40? (again not really that big of a deal just something I noticed in my playthrough)

halloffame1large.png

Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2023
    Alright! This was a fun hack. I tried something new that I haven't done before and tried beating the game on set mode (which I never do because I'm not very good at Pokemon) and it was a fresh, enjoyable experience! The obvious highlights for me were the gym leader battles - those were incredible. I also really liked the new evolutions, especially Magnela and Corrodal. I actually had a reason to use Corsola lol

However, I do have one criticism, although it's more of a personal one. Chuck, after you get rid of Aipom, is completely defenseless against Alakazam. All you have to do is click Psychic. Maybe move Kadabra's evolution to match Machoke's at level 40? (again not really that big of a deal just something I noticed in my playthrough)

halloffame1large.png

I'm glad to hear it! We tried our very best to make the big battles in the game challenging and encourage players to pick up some of the new Pokémon. I'll take note of the Alakazam balancing issue. Thanks for playing!

Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2024
    i was wondering where i get the item to evolve eevee into its new evo
    also was wondering why u didnt buff Farfetch'd stats to gen 7.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2023
    i was wondering where i get the item to evolve eevee into its new evo
    also was wondering why u didnt buff Farfetch'd stats to gen 7.

Where is Razor Fang/Gligar evolution item

You can buy the Mist Stone required to evolve Eevee into Ecteon from the Goldenrod Department Store.

As for Gligar, it doesn't evolve by holding the Razor Fang in this game, rather it just evolves at Level 44.

Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2024
    Is Seadra level too? or what item?/where do i get said item
    Also gligar doesnt get fly so sad

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2023
    Is Seadra level too? or what item?/where do i get said item
    Also gligar doesnt get fly so sad

Pokémon that evolve via a held item when traded now just evolve when you use that item on them. It works like any other evolution stone. You can find a Dragon Scale somewhere inside Mt. Mortar and they can be bought at the Celadon City Department Store.

Years
    • Seen Mar 5, 2024
    I played the hack up until beating the champion and have some thoughts on it.
    Mostly I super love all the new and changed pokemon (many awesome fakemon designs), moves (especially ending HM tyranny), and challenges. It would be an excellent hack but the main drawback during my playthrough was the amount of grinding I had to do.
    I had to grind or train up new specific pokemons for gym 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and particularly against gym 6 where levels increased by ten without any new trainers to train against. Used that Dark Cave room that was available, still...
    Gym seven and eight were alright after that thanks to team rocket, by the time I reached the league I had grinded my pokemons up slightly to around level 50-55 but immediately decided I had to grind them all up to around level 65 to not have to rely entirely on luck.
    It's mostly an excellent hack and I want to try out more pokemons but I also don't want to replay it without quick and free access to rare candies.

Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2023
    I played the hack up until beating the champion and have some thoughts on it.
    Mostly I super love all the new and changed pokemon (many awesome fakemon designs), moves (especially ending HM tyranny), and challenges. It would be an excellent hack but the main drawback during my playthrough was the amount of grinding I had to do.
    I had to grind or train up new specific pokemons for gym 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and particularly against gym 6 where levels increased by ten without any new trainers to train against. Used that Dark Cave room that was available, still...
    Gym seven and eight were alright after that thanks to team rocket, by the time I reached the league I had grinded my pokemons up slightly to around level 50-55 but immediately decided I had to grind them all up to around level 65 to not have to rely entirely on luck.
    It's mostly an excellent hack and I want to try out more pokemons but I also don't want to replay it without quick and free access to rare candies.

I have heard this kind of concern often, that it is difficult to train up new Pokémon from scratch every single time the game calls for a team reconsideration. I've been mulling over potential solutions and have decided that I will create an alternative patch of the game that includes access to Rare Candies for players who don't enjoy the grinding and prefer to get through the game at a less sluggish pace. In any case, thank you for the kind words, it really means a lot.

I will post another reply to this thread once I have the alternative patch ready to put up. This patch will be available alongside the regular one, so if you don't prefer this change you may still play the unchanged version if you desire.

Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2023
    AN ALTERNATIVE VERSION OF THE GAME HAS BEEN RELEASED

In this alternative build of the game, you can buy Rare Candies at almost every mart in the game for those who don't really enjoy grinding. This version is available alongside the normal one and is entirely optional.

Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2023
    Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2023
    Hello! Just wanted to say that this is truly an amazing hack, definitely a good game worthy for those seeking a challenge in a johto based game. Even the game's biggest issue, grinding, has been seemingly addressed with an optional patch above (I played the whole game without the candy version and....yeah the grinding between badges especially later on, basically from like chuck onwards, is really tedious considering the big level jumps between boss fights. I also went throughout the entirety of kanto underleveled LOL). Nonetheless, the changes to mons while retaining mostly vanilla mechanics provided a fresh new experience while keeping the core parts of what makes gen 2 unique.
    I have now finished the whole game as far as fights are concerned, but there's still some things that are missing. How are mew and the lati dragons obtained? From one of the pics in the OP I see that the latis are in cinnabar island, but what do I have to do to make them appear? Also, how does the embedded tower work exactly? From what I'm seeing it's basically just a hub where always-shiny legendary mons can sometimes appear in on at random (?) (also, if you can't catch the dogs in there asap they will still flee LOL). Also in terms of postgame fights I have done the 2 devs in celadon city and also did the girl in seafoam islands as soon as I found her there, are there any other ones? Finally, what purpose does the lab at the end of the new cinnabar cave serve? I explored the entire thing at least twice and it says I need a key for a machine, but I have no idea what I'm supposed to do. Any help on these? The documentations don't seem to have legendary mon locations/obtainment methods listed anywhere...

Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2023
    Hello! Just wanted to say that this is truly an amazing hack, definitely a good game worthy for those seeking a challenge in a johto based game. Even the game's biggest issue, grinding, has been seemingly addressed with an optional patch above (I played the whole game without the candy version and....yeah the grinding between badges especially later on, basically from like chuck onwards, is really tedious considering the big level jumps between boss fights. I also went throughout the entirety of kanto underleveled LOL). Nonetheless, the changes to mons while retaining mostly vanilla mechanics provided a fresh new experience while keeping the core parts of what makes gen 2 unique.
    I have now finished the whole game as far as fights are concerned, but there's still some things that are missing. How are mew and the lati dragons obtained? From one of the pics in the OP I see that the latis are in cinnabar island, but what do I have to do to make them appear? Also, how does the embedded tower work exactly? From what I'm seeing it's basically just a hub where always-shiny legendary mons can sometimes appear in on at random (?) (also, if you can't catch the dogs in there asap they will still flee LOL). Also in terms of postgame fights I have done the 2 devs in celadon city and also did the girl in seafoam islands as soon as I found her there, are there any other ones? Finally, what purpose does the lab at the end of the new cinnabar cave serve? I explored the entire thing at least twice and it says I need a key for a machine, but I have no idea what I'm supposed to do. Any help on these? The documentations don't seem to have legendary mon locations/obtainment methods listed anywhere...

Thanks for playing! I'm really glad you enjoyed it, and sorry for the incredibly late response.
    There are NPCs around the game that give you core items to find the legendary pokemon, sort of "mini quests" (all are mostly secret, meant to be hidden for you guys to find).
    There is one more Dev fight, it's on route 48 (one of the npcs, you'll find them).
    As for the key, I didn't make the puzzle/secret so even I can't help you with it, sorry.
    The embedded tower isn't random, there are flags that check if you've done certain things (such as finishing the whole dex) that will cause certain legendaries to show up there.

Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2024
    I may have encountered a glitch. I did the in game trade for Onix in violet city. I have the first badge, so it should obey me till level 20, but for some reason it isn't despite only being level 17.

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    If you ever plan on doing so, it'd be cool to add Ursaluna and Wydeer to the game considering they are rare evolutions of their respective johto pre-evos

Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2024
    Hi! This game is amazing, I've had so much fun with it. Really well done. :D I actually didn't mind the grind, the grass patches especially in each town give tonnes and you can buy lucky eggs in Goldenrod Dpt. Store. The only real struggle is the exp you need to level up for Falkner isn't really there, the pokemon you have access to are 6-8 but his pokemon go up to 16. Once I hit union cave, the grind was fine the rest of the game for me.

A couple of minor things: I did read the part about why Suicune was blocked til Red (to block Ho-oh game breaking), it was a surprise when I came back with level 98/9 pokemon to find it still level 40, the Snorlax blocking diglets cave is still level 50, there's a trainer on the route either 27 or 26, I think they have a farfetch'd? That's normal level as opposed to being up to level with the rest of the trainers/wild pokemon. There was one minor glitch where I rebattled Hiker Anthony (just before Slowpoke Well) and his pokemon were still level 9 but he had a machamp lol :D this was after several rebattles, my pokemon were way higher level but just letting you know.

I saw the question asked about the Latis and Cinnabar island, I was wondering about that too? I found the generator in the basement, but I cannot find the key anywhere, I ran repels and item finder on (I think) every screen in the mansion and couldnt find it, havent seen it anywhere else either.

Won the dev fight on the roof of Celadon mansion, the dialogue and the item given made me laugh XD havent won the dev fight the floor below yet :D

Again, this is a wonderful game and was a real joy to play, thank you so much :D

Back