• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] The Pokémon Trainer Academy (T) [Best Veteran 4Q '11]

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
Years
  • Mark laughed a little when he felt Dratini go around the back of his neck. She acted like she had known Mark her whole life! Maybe it just had a thing for people... Mark grew more and more curious at her behavior. Mark petted her head again and looked back to Valorie. "Oh! I missed a little..." Mark said picking out a little blob of ink that was in her hair. "There. Hey Val, we should look for Bri when we get the chance. Maybe we can see why Dratini seems to love me so much." Mark said to Valorie.

Mark looked at the body of water as his eyes widened again. "U...um... c...could we sit somewhere else? L...like away from the water? Very far away from the water preferably?" Mark asked, his face turning red.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
    Years
  • Valorie observed Dratini. She thought her pokemon was adorable, even though she didn't understand exactly why she was so attached to Mark. Valorie looked slightly confused when Mark suggested they look for 'Bri'. Who was Bri? The nickname flew way over Valories head.

"Bri..?"

Then Mark abruptly seemed to notice the water and Valorie restrained an awkward facial expression. She reached out and took his hand, turning towards Danny.

"Alright... Um... Danny? May we be excused?"

Valorie didn't know what else to do besides ask the teacher. Perhaps Mark had an excuse. She really didn't though, except for the fact that they appeared to be rather close to anyone watching.

Megaman765

Years
  • Danny looked at Valorie once asked the question. "Oh, Of course. Don't worry you've already done well with Fishing. But don't go too far. Class isn't over yet and I don't want to be responsible for any incidents. Haha" Danny said.

Mark looked down once Valorie took his hand and blushed a bit. Mark walked along with Valorie away from the water. "Oh yeah, I take you don't know him to well huh? Brian is one of my friends. Apparently he can talk to Pokemon. At first I thought he was crazy but I'm convinced that he's not acting it out. If we see him again maybe we could have him talk with Dratini?

Once they got further away Mark sat down on the field of grass. The lake was a good distance away. Far enough for Mark to stop caring too much about it. He looked down at his hand again and back up to Valorie and smiled. "Why'd it have to be water. I don't want to be afraid of it but I can't help it... Gah." Mark said edging a bit closer to Valorie. She was being comforting... he appreciated that.

Years
  • Jack was tired but was still able to just mindlessly dig the dirt effortlessly without help form water pokemon, not like he had one, but the digging wasn't very hard for him. "You can continue digging for a next session and when its over come down to the lab, I have a surprise for you" Byron said as he left the students by themselves. "finally!" Jack shouted as Byron was out of view, he dropped the shovel on the ground and began hiking further up the mountain in search of pokemon Blaze eagerly running after him..

Nideous

The world refused to change...
    Years
  • Brian froze as the Water Sport Drizzle made turned into trouble. He slipped behind a rock and watched. The teacher was really mad, but finally calmed down and walked away. After he was gone, Jack and many of the other students stopped digging and began exploring. Bri wanted to go with them, but figured he had caused enough trouble, so he came back out and kept digging. This was getting frustrating. He was finding nothing! So why was he still digging? Bri had no answer to that one, so he kept it up. It was hard work, way more than he was used to. He grew sick of it in five minutes. He threw his shovel down and walked away, the same way Snivy had gone when she went exploring.

HunterZero

Maverick Hunting til the end
    Years
  • Vincent was rather excited about the chance of maybe finding something rare in the ground below his feet. He got right to digging, he grabbed a shovel and started right away with the help of Blitz who was digging up dirt also. He didn't have much trouble digging up the dirt but it was getting rather tedious and annoying but would be so worth it if he found anything. He was confused as to why everyone else had stopped. But despite others quiting Blitz and Xack kept at it digging as fast as they could. He eventually took off his yellow Raikou dorm jacket and tied it around his head so it wouldn't get dirty. These were on of the rare times Vince's laziness didn't kick in he really wanted to find something and was even more into now that the teacher said something about a surprise.

"Hey yeah you guys go ahead and leave and leave all the fossils to me!" Vincent shouted to lose leaving as Wattage waved to the people goodbye. He then went back to digging

Dawn

Years
  • Valorie seemed a bit startled by the thought. A human who can talk to pokemon? Was that possible? I mean was that physically possible? She had no clue, but the thought intrigued her.

"Really..? And he'll do that... Can he teach us?"

The question had come straight out of Captain Obvious' notes. After all, if one person could do it, why couldn't others learn? The thought that it might be a supernatural power was not in Valories mind at all. She seemed pretty excited at the prospect, though. Valorie noticed that Mark had scooted closer but made no comment on her observation.

"I guess that incident yesterday is really bothering you, huh."

Megaman765

Years
  • "Nah I doubt it's something you could learn...maybe. Guess he was born with it or something I dunno. I just know that we could probably get him to help us out a bit." Mark said. He then thought about yesterday. The frillish, Nearly drowning... "Yeah... it has been bothering me honestly. That dream I had was terrible... Geez I hope I don't start fearing little glasses of water. That can't be healthy for me." Mark said looking toward Valorie.

"Heh, It's kind of a weird fear but hopefully I'll get over it. Heheh... " But what if he didn't? He could never swim again if he was going to fear water so much... just when he had gotten used to swimming!

Danny called out in the distance. "Ok class I think we've all gotten the hang of this! As much as I'd like to give you these fishing rods, I need them for my next classes unfortunately. We'll look into more advance survival skills next time alright? Class dismissed." Danny said. The students handed in their Fishing Rods and each headed out. Some of them continued fishing in hopes of finding a Pokemon. Seems they were really into the whole fishing thing.

Mark picked at the grass with his extra hand. Valorie was still holding his other one. "Guess that's it for our class huh? Wanna go get those smoothies?" Mark asked.

Nideous

Years
  • Bri kept walking, searching for Snivy. Drizzle and Duster had followed him. He suddenly heard a shout.
    "That sounded like Snivy!" Bri said. Duster climbed up to his shoulder, and he ran off after Drizzle, who had run ahead. He reached where she was. She was crouched next to a rock. She was looking really beat up, and had some burns on her side and back. A Growlithe was standing there yelling at her.
    "This is my area! Go find your own!" he said. Snivy cowered even lower.
    "Hey! Leave my Snivy alone! She didn't mean to go in your area!" Bri said. Drizzle stepped forward.
    "What? Oh... A human. This snake is yours?" Growlithe said.
    "Well... She's my friend and my partner. Let her go!" Bri said. Growlithe nodded to himself.
    "No. I'll get rid of her!" he said. Drizzle used Water Gun to blast the Growlithe. While he was distracted, Bri took out her pokeball and returned Snivy. Growlithe was livid. He blasted Ember at Drizzle, who dodged it easily. He ran out and used Pursuit. The dark power shone from his paws, and he slammed it into Growlithe. Growlithe growled savagely at Drizzle, who grinned mockingly. Growlithe ran forward and used Bite, which clamped on Drizzle's arm.
    "Drizzle! Use Sonic Boom!" Bri said. Drizzle leapt into the air and used his tails to shoot bursts of sound at the Growlithe still hanging on to his arm. Growlithe let go and fell to the ground hard. He got back up, and hit Drizzle with Ember as he fell. Drizzle Hit the dirt, and was back up in a flash. Drizzle, at Bri's request, hit Growlithe with a Water Gun. That was it. Growlithe turned to run.
    "Use Pursuit!" Bri said, getting an idea. Drizzle hit the fleeing Growlithe with his dark energy, and Growlithe hit the dirt. Bri threw his pokeball as hard as he could, and it connected with Growlithe. The ball fell to the dirt and began shaking. After a moment, it dinged, and the light turned white. Bri had caught Growlithe. He walked over and picked up the pokeball.
    "I think I'll call you Nova," Bri said. Then he fell to the ground. That had been terribly scary! Snivy had been hurt, and so had Drizzle, though he wasn't as bad. Bri sat down and started crying.

(OOC: Snivy gets nothing for that battle. All she did was run.)

NightOfRemorse

my anxieties have anxieties
    Years
  • "Hey yeah you guys go ahead and leave and leave all the fossils to me!" exclaimed a guy with black and white hair. Alice looked at him and smiled. "I hope you won't mind when I find them first," she said jokingly, picking at the dirt with her shovel. "C'mon, Jem, help me," she said to Jem. He blinked and began to dig at the dirt. Buck hopped over and looked at the small hole Jem was starting to create.

"She said, 'Jem'. Not you. Move aside," Jem said, pushing Buck. This was strange of him to do that, especially since he always got along with other Pokémon. "I can help," Buck said, pushing against Jem. "No, I said move!" Jem exclaimed. "Hey, break it up!" Alice told them, picking up Jem. "Stop pushing Buck, he didn't do anything. Apologize." She put Jem back down and he glared at Buck, turning to continue digging. Alice sighed and shoveled up more dirt from her own spot, still not unearthing anything.

Years
  • "Ha these mountains are barren" Jack laughed as he heard the boy shouting and from the other direction he heard Brian crying but only faint so he wasn't too bothered by it too much. Jack climbed as high as it was safe to being so unprepared and looked as the pokemon scampered about. Blaze was along aside him and scanned the area and after spotting a target he found suitable pointed Jack in that direction. It was a Druddigon, Dragon type Jack was impressed with Blaze spotting him out which made Jack's next decision all the more surprising for Blaze as he heard Jack shout "Go Rocky" releasing his Onix which was right at home in this terrain.

Blaze's head dropped in dissapoitment he was still the baby of the team. "Ok Rocky use Bind" Rocky charged towards Druddigon wrapping his body around it but it didn't work well as the dragon pokemon was able to break free of Rocky's grip "Fighting spirit" Jack smirked this was a pokemon Jack would love on his team and was going to do everything to get him. "Ok your turn to get in the action" Blaze looked up in joy he would get his chance then he saw Blade get released from his pokeball. "Blade use Vacuum Wave" The Druddigon was trapped in the vortex even with fighting spirit he couldn't escape that one. It fell to the ground and was hit hard by Rocky's tail sealing the deal before Jack threw the pokeball which didn't even shake just locked. "Yes" Jack went to the edge of the mountain new pokemon in hand and his other three around him just looking down onto the academy.

HunterZero

Years
  • For a bit Vincent didn't find anything all besides dirt and some rocks, He was beginning to lose hope that he would find anything at all really. Then as he went to dig up a pile of dirt he hit something with the tip of his shovel. He quickly tossed the shovel out of the way got onto his knees and moved the dirt from the area he had hit. To his surprised he had found something, a rock like item with a strange looking fossilized claw in the middle of it definitely a fossil.

"Yahoo!" Vincent shouted in excitment. He had found a fossil! Great! Maybe he would be able to keep it and get a new pokemon from it. Xack showed Blitz and Wattage his discoery and his pokemon both looked impressed.

"Look Blitz, Wattage I found a fossil I hope it's some really cool pokemon!" Xack exclaimed as he moved from his dig site and wiped some dirt from his pants and forehead. He was really happy and wanted to show Byron.

"Hey no need to keep searching anymore I found a fossil already!" Vincent said loudly to the girl you had teased him earlier.

NightOfRemorse

my anxieties have anxieties
    Years
  • Alice looked at the boy again, astonished that he already found something. "I'm still searching, but only because-" she was cut off as something surfaced from the ground. It looked like the skull of something, as it was round and a dirty white colour.

"Oh wonderful, I think I got something, too," Alice said, grabbing the bonelike thing she had found. "Cu! Cu!" The skull shifted. Alice gasped and flinched, but then grabbed onto it again and pulled. Finally, out popped a Cubone! "What? A Cubone?" Alice asked, awed but also disappointed that it hadn't been a fossil. "...Cubone," the Cubone said, starting to run. "Oh, no you don't!" Alice said.

"Buck, Water Gun!" she exclaimed. "Hya!" Buck sprayed the Cubone with a strong jet of water. The Cubone crashed into a rock and began crying. Alice immediately stopped and stared at it with a confused face. "Um... are you okay?" she asked it softly. Eyes shifting, she grabbed an empty pokéball and threw it at the Cubone. The red and white capsule engulfed it with a red light. The ball shook as if it were loaded with fifteen Donphan, but it eventually settled. Alice picked up the ball and looked at it, not even knowing what to name the little reptilian Pokémon. She'd name it later.

Dawn

Years
  • Valorie seemed a bit disappointed at the notion she couldn't learn. What a let down. Regardless, she gave Marks hand a light squeeze, as if this would help him get over his fear. She wasn't all that sure of any more solid ways of dealing with the problem, and so she just did what she could. Part of her was tempted to make a comment, but she resisted the urge.

Just then, class had been dismissed. Valorie was surprised. Class was dismissed already? She couldn't believe where the time had gone! Then Mark brought up smoothies. Valorie suddenly wondered where they might be able to meet up with Selene. Even better, where would they meet up with Brian? She really wanted to see him talk to pokemon herself.

"That sounds great! Maybe we can find Brian too?"

She gave Mark a questioning look as if asking his permission to find Brian.

Megaman765

Years
  • Mark got up to his feet and pulled Valorie up with him. "Yeah. Maybe they may have just finished up with their class as well. I run into Bri pretty often so he shouldn't be too hard to track down." Mark said looking down at his hand and back to Valorie. "Heh, Well, you lead the way. Probobly gonna be a long walk back I betcha so they'll likely be done by the time we get there." Mark said.

Snype was about to jump on Mark's shoulder but then remembered that Dratini was still there. So he jumped up on Valorie's instead humorously thinking "two can play that game". Issac laughed when Snype had done this.

"Haha, looks like Snype wants a ride. Hope ya don't mind Valorie." Mark said.

Dawn

Years
  • Valorie noticed Mark getting up, but didn't have enough time to follow before she was tugged. She stood up with him, still holding his hand. It occured to her that this looked awkward, but if she could give him mouth to mouth and get away with it, she could probably hold hands too. Or at least, that's how her train of thought went. Dratini glanced back and fourth between Valorie and Mark. Valorie abruptly felt weight on her shoulder and jumped a bit, severely startled to find Snype on her shoulder. After rapidly glancing at him in surprise she just sort of let out a relieved sigh, thankful that it was a pokemon she had reason to believe could behave. Meanwhile, Dratinis attention was drawn to Snype. She was aware that she was being mimicked. It didn't bother her so much as it made her think, mainly about what Snype had referred to as a brother.

"Hehe... alright. Just as long as he doesn't pull my hair!~"

A brief reference to two days ago aside, she seemed to be ready to allow Snype to ride, turning her attention in the general direction of the school.

Nideous

Years
  • Bri sat for quite some time, just crying. He had been so scared.
    "Hey! C'mon! Everythings fine! I'm fine, Nova is fine, Thyme is fine! It's... Fine!" Drizzle said. Bri stopped crying a bit and looked at Drizzle.
    "Thyme? She told you her name?" Bri asked.
    "Thyme? Her name is Thyme?" Duster asked.
    "Yeah, her old trainer gave it to her. I'm surprised she told you," Bri said. He stood up and called out Snivy, er, Thyme. She stood up, and glared at him reproachfully. Her wounds weren't as bad as he had thought.
    "You know I hate that thing!" she said.
    "I'm sorry Thyme. But you were in trouble!" Bri said. She rocked as though she had been struck.
    "Thyme..." She said softly.
    "Er... Snivy. Drizzle told us that you told him," Bri said.
    "You mad?" Drizzle asked.
    "No," she said.
    "So, do you want to be called Thyme, or would you prefer Snivy?" Bri asked. She thought about it for a moment.
    "I think I can be Thyme again," Thyme said softly, still lost in thought.
    "Ok, Thyme. Let's get back," Bri said. Thyme nodded, shoved Duster to the ground, and took her usual place on Bri's shoulder. Duster grinned up at her when Bri picked her up. Drizzle followed him as he made his way back to the digging spot. He realized then that he had no clue how long he had sat there crying. He looked around at the others that were there, among them were Alice and Vince.
    "Um... How long til we head back?" Bri asked.

Years
  • (I will be updating the wild pokemon list later including Electric types, ghost types and grass types)

Jack trotted back down the mountain feeling like he accomplished a great feet by catching the dragon type Druddigon which he nicknamed Giga. Jack had Blade following him this time with Blaze in his pokeball angry and Rocky sleeping again. On his way down he had spotted a handful of people still digging he also saw Brian the only person he really knew. As he walked over to the group all he could think about now was going to the beach and catching another pokemon. "So Luka" Jack said not really knowing Vincent's name "how many stones did you find?" Jack asked sarcastically knowing there was nothing here to find.

HunterZero

Years
  • Vincent raised and eyebrow as one of his classmates who he really didn't know came up to him and asked him what he had found. What caught his attention was the fact that this boy had got his name wrong. he really didn't blame him though Xack really didn't remember what this guy's name was either but he would ask what it was before going to address the boy with a wrong name. Vincent then remembered hearing his name once, was it Jack maybe ah he didn't remember nor did he really care.

"Well for you information John I found a fossil and my name is Vincent Xackford Luna but you can call me Xack, Vince, Luna or Vincent," Vincent said in an annoyed tone of voice. As he said that he could hear something moving around in the hole he had just dug. When he looked he was surprised to see a Drilbur come out of the ground and wave at him with a smiling face.

"What in the world....," Xack began to say but was interrupted by the Drilbur jumping onto his face. Vincent had dropped the fossil but Wattage quickly grabbed it and scurried away.

"Get this thing of me Blitz use flamethrower!" Vincent commanded as he struggled to get the Drilbur off of him. Blitz listened to his trainer and used flamethrower on his face along with the Drilbur. The Drilbur jumped off Vincent's face and gave itself some distance from Blitz. Vincent shook his head trying to ignore the amount of pain he was in luckily though Blitz didn't go all out and the Drilbur took most of the flamethrower.

"Alright you dang......eh what pokemon is this again?" Vincent asked himself as he stared at the pokemon. It was a pokemon he had seen before but he just couldn't get his finger on it.

"Oh wait now I remember Dyno fighting one of you. You're a Drilbur! Alright Blitz time for a Dragon pulse!" Luna exclaimed figuring out what pokemon he was fighting. He had remembered fighting a Drilbur a while ago back in Striaton City.

Blitz did what Vincent ordered and a blast of energy went flying out of the Charmander's mouth hitting the Drilbur. The Drilbur was blasted onto its back a few feet away but quickly got back out and but its claws together and flew at Blitz while spinning. Vince's Charmander tried to jump out of the way but got hit by the Drilbur's rapid spin attack.

"Blitz are you ok?" Vincent asked his charmander as it skid across the ground. Blitz shook his head signaling he was ok and then glared fiercely at the Drilbur.

"Alright good the Blitz end this with everything you got! Give me a dragon claw!" He ordered. Blitz let out a small roar and the charged at the Drilbur claws glowing. As the dragon claw attack was about to hit the Drilbur it used a mud-slap attack that hit Blitz but really didn't hurt him that much and the Charmander kept going at the Drilbur. The dragon claw sent the Drilbur flying into the air and then crashing into the ground looking KO'd.

Vincent quickly took out a spare pokeball ready to use it on the Drilbur but the mole pokemon stood back up from the attack. Xack could tell though that the Drilbur wasn't able to battle anymore so he ordered Blitz just to use a weak flamethrower which finally KO'd the Drilbur for sure.

"Gezz tough little thing ain't cha," Vincent said as he tossed his spare pokeball at the Drilbur. The ball shook for a moment and almost looked as if the Drilbur would get out but the ball dinged and the red light went white. Vincent had caught the Drilbur.

"Alright! A fossil and a Drilbur my luck looks like it keeps going up. Good job Blitz," Luna exclaimed as he bent down and petted his Charmander who looked happy to please his trainer. Wattage returned coming out of a nearby bush and crawled on top of Vincent's head.

"I think I'll name you Terra," He said looking at the pokeball containing the newly caught Drilbur. He then looked at Jack who he had totally forgot was there.

"Oh hi," He said smiling and scratching the back of his head.

Megaman765

Years
  • "Haha, Snype will be good don't worry. Right Snype? Mark responded. Snype nodded and gave off a large smile as he relaxed on Valorie's Shoulder. The two walked back the same way they went, along the same dirt path. They walked quite a distance so they were bound to take quite awhile getting back to the academy. Snype looked over at Dratini who was on his Master.

[Kehehe. Hey I gotta say, this is actually pretty comfy over here. How ya doin over there Dratini?"] Snype said.

"You know, I hope we get a day off sometime. Personally I'd like to explore off campus sometime. See what the city nearby is like. I'm kinda interested in getting a TM or something for my Pokemon. My Poliwag in specific. It would really help him in battle if I could get my hands on something like that." Mark said. They were still holding hands. They could easily be confused for a couple at this rate, even though they weren't one...

Back