• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Battle] Replace the player battle sprite by a Pokemon

Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2021
    Hey guys, quick question,

Is it possible to skip the pokeball throw animation and have the "trainer" jump into battle as the first pokemon in the party? Kind of like with the Old man or the Safari encounters?

My goal is to make a fire red hack where you play a pokemon, so I plan to change the player battle back sprite into a pokemon back sprite and have the battle start right away, how would I go about that?

Years
  • Hey guys, quick question,

Is it possible to skip the pokeball throw animation and have the "trainer" jump into battle as the first pokemon in the party? Kind of like with the Old man or the Safari encounters?

My goal is to make a fire red hack where you play a pokemon, so I plan to change the player battle back sprite into a pokemon back sprite and have the battle start right away, how would I go about that?

Most likely not, since you would need to add back sprites for all 386 Pokemon, and then write asm that sets the sprite to the species of the first in your party.

Asith

Uwao
    Years
    • Seen May 8, 2024
    Why don't you simply make the trainer and pokeball sprites invisible?

Back