• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Platinum hack: Extreme Platinum

Nr 755

Nr 755
Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2018
    This is something that I started for a friend that was running out of fan made hacks. I decided to create this just to mess with him at first, but the project grew on me and I kind of want to see what people think about it.

The story line is not changed. The characters are not changed. What has changed is currently this:
    - Higher levels on trainer Pokemon
    - Randomized trainer Pokemon
    - Randomized wild Pokemon
    - Difficult gym leaders with some surprises
    - Some other key characters that get much better teams
    - Different starter Pokemon
    - Randomized TM

There are so much stuff that I want to fix but the first thing that I want to fix is to handpick what wild Pokemon that appear in all the areas, but I do currently not have the time to do so and it shall stay the way it is until future notice. Same goes for all the other stuff I want to do. I also want to point out that this game is not made to be played after beating the champion once, as I tried to make that a finale as well as I could.

Mostly posting it here because none of my friends actually have the time to play it at the moment, including me.

I should point out that I had a lot of trouble with patching into .ips and it was the first time so I might not have done it correctly.

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• Extremeplatinum.ips
      8.8 KB · Views: 38
    Years
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    Bare with me, But did you just Randomize the rom and tinker the teams of notible trainers for "Difficulty"?

Nr 755

Nr 755
    Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2018
    As of now, yes. Like I said, there is a lot of stuff that I will do so this is basically my pre-alpha version that I just put out there so my friends could get it as well as any other people that want to try it.

The list of what I want to do is long, but I will just attempt to make a harder, better improved Platinum that people can enjoy.

Back