• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Script✓] Need help with this give item script

Years
  • I am making a ROM hack for Fire Red with a focus on double battles with competitive moves and items. Should players not want to grind I want to give them this oppotunity without the hassle of inputing cheats into an emulator. Below is the script I am writing to give the player rare candy. I am getting the error 13 for type mismatch on line 6 and it says im missing the #define. The tutorial I am following makes me think this should be correct but it clearly isnt, maybe the tutorial is just outdated. Any help would be appreciated.

EDIT: Forgot to mention I am using version 1.1.1 of XSE for writing my scripts

#dynamic 0x800000
    #org @start
    lock
    faceplayer
    msgbox @talk 0x6 'regular message box
    giveitem 0x44 0x63 MSG_OBTAIN '44 is the hex number indentifier for rare candy I believe. 63 is the hex for 99
    release
    end

#org @talk
    = [green_fr]I heard you hate grinding\lhere's some candy!

Last edited:

The Falansh

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2022
    I am making a ROM hack for Fire Red with a focus on double battles with competitive moves and items. Should players not want to grind I want to give them this oppotunity without the hassle of inputing cheats into an emulator. Below is the script I am writing to give the player rare candy. I am getting the error 13 for type mismatch on line 6 and it says im missing the #define. The tutorial I am following makes me think this should be correct but it clearly isnt, maybe the tutorial is just outdated. Any help would be appreciated.

EDIT: Forgot to mention I am using version 1.1.1 of XSE for writing my scripts

#dynamic 0x800000
    #org @start
    lock
    faceplayer
    msgbox @talk 0x6 'regular message box
    giveitem 0x44 0x63 MSG_OBTAIN '44 is the hex number indentifier for rare candy I believe. 63 is the hex for 99
    release
    end

#org @talk

Can you give this script without explainations?

Years
  • Script looks fine, your hex numbers are correct. Only mistake you made is in the text you have to use \n before you can use \l to display the text correctly.

Years
  • #dynamic 0x800000
    #org @start
    lock
    faceplayer
    msgbox @talk 0x6
    giveitem 0x44 0x63 MSG_OBTAIN
    release
    end

#org @talk

This is the script without explanations

The Falansh

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2022
    #dynamic 0x800000
    #org @start
    lock
    faceplayer
    msgbox @talk 0x6
    giveitem 0x44 0x63 MSG_OBTAIN
    release
    end

#org @talk

This is the script without explanations

You need to replace only your /l to /n and you can see if 0x2 instead of msg obtain could help

Back