• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Intel's new i5, i7, and i9 Extreme CPUs and X299 platform

Raffy98

[color=#2d9bce][b][span="font-family: 'century got
Years
  • Not bad at the pricing for 8-core and 6-core at all, though the 4-core i7 does look pointless with the 6-core priced so close.

About time, I say!

Well, lower TDP and the 140$ price difference is something which some people might actually set for if they only game and do some quick video editing.
    Lower TDP in most cases also means lower power consumption and those 140$ dollars you saved could be spent on something else (an SSD or a better graphics card for example).

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    So the reviews are out now (I've linked to one on Anandtech)

Was anyone expecting the $389 hexa-core to outperform the best of Ryzen 7s in some tasks? I sure didn't. True, there are some things where having 8 cores is better, but the 7800X packs a surprising amount of punch, especially when it comes to video transcoding at Full HD and 4K - pretty important for me, as the price difference that goes to an X299 motherboard ends up absorbed by the lower CPU price than even a Ryzen 7 1800X which is noticeably slower.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
  • I'm not sure how to think given that Intel has released several new CPUs, but I think i7-7800x might be one I will use, it might be quite affordable enough for my future PC. Plus, I'm wondering if it's the first time we see Intel release the Core-i9 lines?

Years
  • Finally, I can buy an i3 now

Does this mean we get a price cut for the Kaby Lake processors soon? Don't know if I will wait for that or consider Ryzen.

Back