• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen The Team Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

bolmy

That guy.
Years
  • What's a good sapphire water type that looks fairly cool? Fairly hard hitting too. I'd like a Seadra or a Starmie (if it's in sapphire).

Also, when is the earliest I can catch a Bagon?

jolty94

N*RGY
    Years
  • Yes, you can catch a Staryu if you fish by the coast of Lilycove City, it is Uncommon though, so don't give up if you don't find one the first try!

Also, you can catch Bagon once you've obtained Waterfall and defeated the 8th Gym Leader, it is located deep within Meteor Falls, however, Bagon is also Uncommon, so like I said before, don't give up if you don't find one the first try!

bolmy

That guy.
    Years
  • Thank you muchly.
    I was rather hoping I wouldn't have to wait so long for a Bagon, but what the hell.

jolty94

N*RGY
    Years
  • Hey guys, so my Team on FireRed planned out so far is:

-Venusaur.
    -Pidgeot.
    -Snorlax.
    -Seadra.
    -Jolteon.

My Team currently is: Venusaur Lvl. 43, Pidgeot Lvl. 40, Snorlax Lvl. 30, Eevee Lvl. 25 (to become Jolteon), I'm just about to catch a Horsea, and I have 3 Badges, going to get my 4th now. What do you think?

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I like it; it's very balance. Of course I assume you're going to get Snorlax, Jolteon and Horsea closer to the rest of your team's level. But yeah, I do like this team. You should have no trouble.

Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2010
    Hey guys just wondering if you can help me out. I don't know what water pokemon to add to my team. Any suggestions? (anything but garados)

My team isn't uber z0mg 1337, but its just got pokemon I like.

So far I have...

Combusken
    Ninjask
    Swellow
    Breloom

Any good water types and a possible 6th party member?

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Water types: Wailord, Kingdra (or Seadra if you can't trade) Huntail/Gorebyss, Milotic (if you have the patience), Walrein, Tentacruel

There are so many water types available its laughable.

As for a sixth party member, I recommend a ground type since you seem to be weak to electric. Hmm...Golem, Sandslash, Rhydon, Donphan, Flygon.

Better yet, to knock out two birds with one stone, Whiscash. If you go with that, then my next recommendation would be a ghost or dark type to get rid of pesky Psychics. Absol and Sableye are good contenders.

Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2010
    Water types: Wailord, Kingdra (or Seadra if you can't trade) Huntail/Gorebyss, Milotic (if you have the patience), Walrein, Tentacruel

There are so many water types available its laughable.

As for a sixth party member, I recommend a ground type since you seem to be weak to electric. Hmm...Golem, Sandslash, Rhydon, Donphan, Flygon.

Better yet, to knock out two birds with one stone, Whiscash. If you go with that, then my next recommendation would be a ghost or dark type to get rid of pesky Psychics. Absol and Sableye are good contenders.
    I like the idea of a Seadra or Whiscash. Where can I find either of them? I'm guessing I have to find horsea? Its been so long since I last played this. Thanks for your help.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • You can get Barboach a lot earlier than you can get Horsea. You need the Good Rod given to you by the fisherman when you Surf east of Mauville when you're heading to Fortree. He's right on the coast; you can't miss him. And then you'll have to Fly back up to Fallarbor Town and go west to the bridge and fish for one.

Horsea in the sea/currents close to Pacifidlog Town and you'll need a Super Rod.

Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2010
    You can get Barboach a lot earlier than you can get Horsea. You need the Good Rod given to you by the fisherman when you Surf east of Mauville when you're heading to Fortree. He's right on the coast; you can't miss him. And then you'll have to Fly back up to Fallarbor Town and go west to the bridge and fish for one.

Horsea in the sea/currents close to Pacifidlog Town and you'll need a Super Rod.
    Sounds good. Thanks for all your help.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • As much as I love this thread, all good things come to an end...well, not entirely. There's an entire section devoted to in-game team help, so feel free to take a trip. As for this one, c'est finit. ;;

Locked.

Click for aforementioned section.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back