• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Walking the Life of Go: ShinyHoundoom's Pokemon Go Journal

ShinyHoundoom

Houndoom Fan
Years
  • Entry #1 November 7th, 2016

I started the game when I got my new phone on the 5th. Many of my early catches were spawns that were at home. I chose Charmander as my starter and it's my current partner since Fire is my favorite type.

Today was the first walking around from stop to stop at a park that's not too far from my house. I didn't feel too great yesterday. Got a nice stock of Pokeballs. While I was there I hit level 5 and chose Team Instinct. Zapdos is the best bird.

I have already planned what I'm going to do once it gets too cold to be outside. I can walk around in the store and library to get eggs hatched and get Charmander candies. I'll catch what I can but I'm just going to enjoy myself.

Current Status

Level 6 2500/6000
    Pokemon Seen: 29
    Pokemon Caught: 21

ShinyHoundoom

Houndoom Fan
    Years
  • Entry #2 November 14th, 2016

I did do some walking around, but I got sick Tuesday and didn't really feel great until Friday. Then on Friday when my renewal on my 30 day phone plan happened, the system glitched somewhere and my SIM card wasn't being accepted anymore. I had to contact customer service and I am now waiting on a new SIM card that won't get here until Wednesday. So most of the Pokemon Go playing this week has been from my house, using Wi-fi, from the combination of being sick and not having a proper working SIM card to use mobile data.

Good thing is my house does spawn up 2-3 Pokemon at a time so I was still able to catch stuff. Almost ran out of Pokeballs, but I bought enough to make things stretch.

Current Status
    Level 10 6760/10000
    Pokemon Seen: 48
    Pokemon Caught: 39
    Notable Catches: Pidgeot, Raticate, Venomoth, Vaporeon, Jolteon

ShinyHoundoom

Houndoom Fan
    Years
  • Entry #3 November 21st, 2016

Progress has slowed down a bit due to lack of Pokeballs. I had to start getting picky with what I'm catching. I'm also spreading my catches a bit more apart to get daily streak bonuses.

I did get a walk around the park on the last very nice day Thursday. Saw quite a few people playing Go. So many Charmanders. A few eggs were hatched. Those small gains from walking around stores do help quite a bit. I should get quite a bit of gains when I do Christmas shopping next month.

I did hit level 12 and get Great Balls finally. I can snipe pokespots here and there because the app doesn't always have the best idea on how fast I'm actually going. This does also help with hatching eggs too.

Current Status
    Level 12 6375/10000
    Pokemon Seen: 55
    Pokemon Caught: 48
    Notable Catches: Flareon, Scyther, Snorlax

ShinyHoundoom

Houndoom Fan
    Years
  • Entry #4 November 28th, 2016

Progress is still slow, but with the double EXP my level is ok.

There are so many Pokemon that are close to evolving to the final stage. Found some new Pokemon too.

As a note not related to my progress, I found out Thursday on Thanksgiving that my sister plays this game too and I'm not that far behind her in levels. I probably behind her in pokedex stuff though.

Current Status
    Level 15 1765/20000
    Pokemon Seen: 60
    Pokemon Caught: 53
    Notable Catches: Beedrill, Parasect

Years

• Shiny,

I really enjoy reading your field journal. I especially enjoyed reading about the Charmandars because I have only seen one in the wild once, and hatched another from an egg. They are simply not part of the population where I live. We do have Goldeens and Spearrows, something you don't see up north.

ShinyHoundoom

Houndoom Fan
    Years
  • Entry #5 March 15th, 2017

I know it's been a while since I've updated. I just haven't been playing Go because of how cold its been and Fire Emblem Heroes has been taking some of my time as well. Well with Gen II out and it's going to be close to Spring, I figured I might as well get more on track with things.

I now finally have a Pokemon with over 1000 CP. So happy. Now if only I can get a Houndour and work towards my name sake Pokemon.

Current Status
    Level 16 13065/20000
    Pokemon Seen: 69
    Pokemon Caught: 61
    Notable Catches: Arbok, Exeggutor, Murkrow

ShinyHoundoom

Houndoom Fan
    Years
  • Entry #6 March 21st, 2017

There has been a lot more gains the past week. Has been hard to be productive because it was very cold. However, I go to the library often so I can keep my stock ok. I did find a Houndour and made it my buddy Pokemon.

I've had quite a few eggs hatch, including an Aerodactyl. The weather doesn't seem to be much better this week with rain in the forecast.

Current Status
    Level 17 9580/20000
    Pokemon Seen: 78
    Pokemon Caught: 69
    Notable Catches: Aerodactyl, Umbreon, Ursaring, Stantler

Back