• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon Saga - Adventure

Status
Not open for further replies.

humanguy2000

NSMBW hacker
Years
  • ...So your gonna do a HG hack? I might make a HG/SS title screen editor. Been thinking about the ability to change the logo, top screen background, touch screen scene and touch screen Pokémon and animation. I'm working on it. =)

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
    Years
  • ...So your gonna do a HG hack? I might make a HG/SS title screen editor. Been thinking about the ability to change the logo, top screen background, touch screen scene and touch screen Pokémon and animation. I'm working on it. =)

Your off-topic posts are getting irritating. :<

Closed~

Years
    • Seen Dec 9, 2023
    Er... yeah, I've decided to continue working on this. But I'm not going to post that much, as I'd like to get this hack over with.

Years
    • Seen Dec 9, 2023
    Here's an midi I composed and inserted:
    http://s441.photobucket.com/albums/qq134/1Shouta/?action=view&current=NewSong.flv

Originally it was meant to be some random song for use with the Sevii Islands, but then I figured out it's almost the exact same length as the intro.

I might use it for the intro, but it needs tweaking, because some notes didn't come out right when it was inserted into the rom. It's based off of random parts from the song, "Right in Front of Your Eyes", from the Broadway musical, "The Wedding Singer".

EDIT: Also, I just restarted HeartGold last week, so I can't really do mapping until I reach Kanto again. So progress is gonna be slow for a while.

Last edited:

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 6, 2015
    The music sounds good
    Goes well is it gonna stay the intro cause it works well with it ;)

Years
    • Seen Dec 9, 2023
    I can't decide whether I should use FR/LG graphics or HG/SS graphics. I mean, it looks really weird, because even though I'm using the same tiles and mappings as HG/SS, everything looks bigger because the GBA isn't 3D. And not only that, but the R/S/E overworlds are smaller than the D/P/Pt/HG/SS overworlds, and I've been thinking that everything looks too big.

What I'm probably going to do is to simply, use FR/LG graphics, tiles, maps, etc., simply because I shouldn't try to re-create HG/SS's 3D Kanto in 2D, because it just doesn't work that way. HOWEVER, it's going to have all the features and changes that the old one had, for instance, you fight your Rival right outside of Route 1, Gym & E4 teams will be revised, Arianna and Archer will be involved in the plot, etc.

So yeah, I'm restarting this hack AGAIN. But I actually started on a separate FR/LG-styled on a month ago, so I've already made somewhat decent progress. Since I'm nice, here's the amount of progress I've made before making this decision.

And yes, someday I will hack HG/SS to have the storyline of R/G/B/FR/LG. And to compensate for this decision, Pokemon Saga - Chronicles will have FR/LG styled graphics (along with Pokemon Saga - Adventure).

EDIT: Oh, and in the new patch, you can access Viridian City, but there's nothing to do there, since it's about 20% complete. No scripts, random placeholder tiles, no guardhouse, etc. It basically ends at Route 1.

EDIT: Besides, even though I LOVE all the improvements to Kanto that HG/SS did, I wish that they used the crappier FR/LG Kanto, since the FR/LG Kanto reminds me of when I was in 4th Grade :3. Those were the days...

EDIT: Bah, I don't even know what I'm working on anymore. I'm just gonna say that this "series" will all be on DS. Anything else I work on isn't related to Pokemon Saga, so yes, I'm not working on this for a while.

EDIT AGAIN: This hack will be renamed to, "Pokemon DarkViolet Version".

Last edited:

dragoniteuser

The dragon master
    Years
  • Well the game really looked great with HG/SS graphics, and size variations.. well I agree with that but also I think that changing ow-s makes a hole new difference, but then again it is your hack so do what you like, I'll keep suporting this hack anyway! Good luck with new graphics!

Years
    • Seen Feb 12, 2011
    Hey!I see you can hack the title and the titlescreen!
    Is that true?that's emerald right?btw how do you hack it?ican't find any tutorials...
    Edit : thanks for the information for the unlz number 152...
    because i find in D-Trogh's tut ,he said it's 125...i got confused
    btw whts the palette number?
    that's sprite or the background?
    and for the title Emerald Version how did you hack that?
    sorry if my questions so many
    sorry for some bad english

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back