• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Silly trading

Years
    • Seen Oct 15, 2017
    Hey guys

daft question but if i want to trade from virtual blue to virtual silver(new game coming soon) will i need 2 ds? At the moment i only have the one 2ds

Years
    • Seen Oct 15, 2017
    cool thank you makes sense. 3ds only or 2ds fine too? and for the record only the original 251 can go to silver and gold ay there is no trading back?

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Either a 3DS or 2DS will be fine, as long as it's able to play 3DS games and access the 3DS eShop. However, from my understanding, both games will have to be on separate consoles. So say Blue is on your 3DS and Silver is on another 3/2DS. You can't trade with them if they reside on the same console.

And yes, the original 151 can go on RBY, but the first two generations (251) can go in GS. You cannot trade gen II Pokemon (like Umbreon or Slowking, even though they evolve from gen I Pokemon) to RBY, nor any Pokemon with moves that were introduced in gen II (Faint Attack, Sandstorm, etc). You can trade back and forth within these limits. Also, Pokemon holding items cannot be traded to RBY because Pokemon could not yet hold items then. However, when trading Pokemon from RBY to GS, they may have an item when they make it into GS.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 15, 2017
    ok cool i may have a chance to do this. my main annoy is having to play though gold and silver twice to get the exclusives

Back