• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Gallade

Status
Not open for further replies.

_Diego//

Caminaré entre las piedras
Years
  • Hiya, people!

I am currently raising a Gallade and I want to make it a permanent member of my party.. Thing is.. I Know nothing about the Pokemon :P. So here I inquire to the friendly PC Community on how to raise my Gallade. What Stat To EV Train, What's a good moveset, hold item, Everything! This is my Gallade actually:

Level: 34
    Nature: Bold

Attack: 90
    Defense: 62
    Special Defense: 90
    Special Attack: 73
    Speed: 65
    HP: 96

Moves:
    • Stone Edge
    • Psychic (Which I want to change for psycho cut)
    • Night Slash
    • Cut
    I (Very) Erroneously tried to train this Gallade in Sp. Atk, that's why it knows psychic, and using his natural Attack stat I'll change it for Psycho Cut.. Oh, and I'll delete Cut soon, of course. So tell me what do you think of these. Should I EV train and exploit his attack? Raise his speed? HP? Both? What moves would go better? I hope you can help me.

-Diego

Shadowthinker

Blissey OKOer
    Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2008
    Your Gallade is quite good and so is its sp.atk.Try this moveset though:

Stone edge(which your Gallade knows)
    Swords Dance
    Close Combat
    Protect/Psycic your sp.atk evs are quite good

Le_Avatar

Experienced Trainer & Breeder
    Years
  • First, this kind of post should have been in Strategies & Movesets...
    And second, here's the moveset I'm gonna use when I'm gonna use a Gallade on my team.

Gallade @choice band
    adamant (+Atk, -Sp.Atk)
    64Hp / 252 Atk / 192 Spd
    - Close Combat
    - Night Slash
    - Psycho Cut
    - Ice Punch

Pretty physical thing with good coverage.

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
  • Okay, this would belong in the sticky found in the Strategies & Move Sets sticky known as "Request a Pokemon / Team Thread." However, I'll just answer your question now. Bold is a TERRIBLE nature for Gallade. It lowers its best stat, Attack. Its Special Attack is useless. Gallade best serves as a Special Tank; it can take Special Attacks very well and can dish out massive amount of Physical Damage. Either go Adamant (which is preferred) or Careful. Do NOT lower its Attack, Defense, or Special Defense. I prefer to throw Choice Band on my Gallade, but others like to use Choice Scarf on it (which I don't recommend) or throw some Leftovers on it and use it as a Double Status inducer (Will-o-Wisp/Hypnosis/Thunder Wave). If you Choice Band or Scarf it, use Adamant Nature. If you go the Double Status route, use Careful or Impish. Don't use HM moves other than Surf or Waterfall. So that means Cut has to go. It appears you wish to go the Choice Band route, so go:

- Close Combat
    - Psycho Cut
    - Night Slash
    - Ice Punch / X-Scissor / Stone Edge

Closing this thread. Please read forum descriptions next time before posting. Thank you.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back