• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen A Question

^^NICK^^ v.3.0

Original Nick
Years
  • I don't know if I'm the only one who sees this, and I hope this wasn't already asked. There's a number on all of the Pok?mon game cartridges. What does that number mean. I just bought Leaf Green yesterday, and the number is 07. Can anyone answer this question?

Neko Keeshi

ub3r l33t n00b
    Years
  • OMG THEY ARE TRACKING US!!!!!!!

Just joking. Every cart has these(even my old NES carts! :o ) and they are there when they make that cartrage. (I think? any mods know 100% why for sure?)

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • It'll be some sort of identification number or serial number (except the ISBN) on them. Everything has it from money to err... something that isn't money ^_^ It's just a way of telling which games are unique and so forth. I'm guessing this is it, as this seems to be a logical explanation... doesn't it? :/

^^NICK^^ v.3.0

Original Nick
    Years
  • Mr Cat Dog said:
    It'll be some sort of identification number or serial number (except the ISBN) on them. Everything has it from money to err... something that isn't money ^_^ It's just a way of telling which games are unique and so forth. I'm guessing this is it, as this seems to be a logical explanation... doesn't it? :/

If the number is an indication of a unique game, that'd mean all of my PKMN games are unqiue, because I'm, pretty sure they all have numbers. Me and my friends a few years ago thought it was the production number, like which cartridges they created first.

Back