• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Training Pokemon

Years
  • Here's my situation: I have all 8 badges, I came to the Pokemon League (did not enter yet), I have beaten everyone on the victory road. But I want to train my Empoleon to at least level 90 (he's at 75 now). So, any ideas for training Pokemon without wasting your time with small ekp. points for each battle. Any ideas?

EdenDecay

・・・あさひな
    Years
  • Battle the Elite 4, purposely loose at the last person a few times.

Your Pokemon won't like you as much but it should work. But if he's at 75 and your other Pokemon are around the same lvls, you should just beat the Elite 4 and then do it a few more times after.

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
  • Then don't save during the Elite Four. Simply buy the items you need, take out the Pokémon you want, save, and enter the Elite Four.
    If you lose, turn off the game. If you win, it will save automatically.
    This way you will not lose anything if you are defeated.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    If youre not really interested in EV training Just keep loosing to the E4 but if you are theres not much I can tell you.

Arsibiyez

Volbeat. Beat. Beat. Vol. Vol.
    Years
  • If you're so worried about losing money, then why not just spend it all? Besides, if you lose to the last one, then you've gained money from defeated the first few of them anyway. You'll never go bankrupt, and you'll still get exp. Rather than switching your DS off and lose the exp you gained by defeating at least some of them, just do your best. And if you lose, just accept it and try again. You'll gain exp, and also gain cash rather than lose it. It's a tried and true cycle of events.

EDIT: By the way, the amount of money you lose for losing a battle is determined by how much you had before you entered the battle. You lose 50% of your money if you lose a battle. (Decimal places are rounded down.) There's no fixed amount. So, you can't say that if you lose, you lose a lot of money. That's only true if you had a lot of money to begin with. As such, if you had P10, then you'd lose only P5 if you lose a battle.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2023
    lvl 75 is more than enough to deal with the elite 4 =/
    why train more?
    if you want to train probs get lucky egg or the other item to gain more exp per pokemon and go through the elite 4

Arsibiyez

Volbeat. Beat. Beat. Vol. Vol.
    Years
  • Getting a Lucky Egg seems to be more difficult than leveling, unless you use a cheat. And if you're going to cheat anyway, why not go on ahead an duplicate Rare Candies?

Unless you're talking about trading for the Lucky Egg. Still, I think good old fashioned wild Pokemon battling is the way to go when raising levels.

Incidentally, we've only been aware of Empoleon being the Pokemon concerned. What about the rest of the team? I doubt that Empoleon is alone... or is it?

Years
    • Seen Sep 24, 2008
    Level 75 is easily high enough to defeat the entire Elite Four (that is supposing your other Pokémon are all around that level aswell). But if you are really that worried about losing money just spend it all on Balls and Healing Items, that way you will only lose 50% of what you have gained from other members of the Elite Four. Or you could just save before the Pokémon league and not save during..

Back