• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Basalt (Firered rom hack) is recruiting!

Years
  • Hello,

We're a team working on a 151 Fakémon gen 3 rom hack which takes place in the snowy Ozeda region, based on Siberia and Russia in general.
    We are close to finishing 80 sprite sheets and are currently designing the region and working on story progression.
    In our project we try to be as democratic as possible, everyone get the possibility to have a say about all aspects of the development as long as the propositions/feedback is reasonable.

Currently our project team consists of:
    - 1 fakemon spriter
    - 1 composer
    - 1 mapper/ tilesetter
    - 2 story writers
    - 2 region designers
    - 1 fakemon designer (however everyone on the team can propose suggestions and pitch ideas)

Now the positions we are looking for are:

- Programmer/ coder (knowledgeable or willing to dive into hacking gen 3 (Firered))

- Scripter & Event maker

- Spriter (a second mon spriter and a tilespriter/ trainerspriter)

- Anyone who has any experience in rom hacking or arts

Even if a full on commitment to the project isn't possible, anyone who's willing to contribute to these areas is more than welcome (or even other rom hacking related areas).

If you want any other information about the rom hack project or about the positions, please ask in the thread below or pm me.

You can also visit us on our discord page and ask anything you want to know:

https://discord.gg/amkKDra

Thank you for reading and have a good day.

[PS: Here's a little sneak peek, enjoy the sprite sheet of our regional bird fakemon designed after the Ok-hand icon.)

Attachments

• 012F.png
      012F.png
      1.2 KB · Views: 132
    • 012B.png
      012B.png
      1.3 KB · Views: 131
    • 012FS.png
      012FS.png
      1.1 KB · Views: 131
    • 012BS.png
      012BS.png
      1.3 KB · Views: 129
    Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2024
    Moved to the ROM hack section because you won't have much luck finding Gen III hackers over in Games Development :D

Karbol

Not a Clown but The Entire Circus!
    Years
  • Hey! I'm a spriter and writer, I specialize in trainer sprites and don't have much experience with Fakemons but I'm willing to work with them as well!

I want to become a mapper and scripter, so if you find any, I'd be willing to help them so I can learn how to do those things too.

Years
  • Hey Karbol,

You are welcome, you can visit the project by clicking on the link to the discord in the thread.
    When you joined us, i'll show you around and we can talk about what the rom hack project is all about :)
    Hope to see you soon.

tmalfsm

bh02032002

Currently open for rom hack beta testing.
    Years
  • Hello,

We're a team working on a 151 Fakémon gen 3 rom hack which takes place in the snowy Ozeda region, based on Siberia and Russia in general.
    We are close to finishing 80 sprite sheets and are currently designing the region and working on story progression.
    In our project we try to be as democratic as possible, everyone get the possibility to have a say about all aspects of the development as long as the propositions/feedback is reasonable.

Currently our project team consists of:
    - 1 fakemon spriter
    - 1 composer
    - 1 mapper/ tilesetter
    - 2 story writers
    - 2 region designers
    - 1 fakemon designer (however everyone on the team can propose suggestions and pitch ideas)

Now the positions we are looking for are:

- Programmer/ coder (knowledgeable or willing to dive into hacking gen 3 (Firered))

- Scripter & Event maker

- Spriter (a second mon spriter and a tilespriter/ trainerspriter)

- Anyone who has any experience in rom hacking or arts

Even if a full on commitment to the project isn't possible, anyone who's willing to contribute to these areas is more than welcome (or even other rom hacking related areas).

If you want any other information about the rom hack project or about the positions, please ask in the thread below or pm me.

You can also visit us on our discord page and ask anything you want to know:

https://discord.gg/amkKDra

Thank you for reading and have a good day.

[PS: Here's a little sneak peek, enjoy the sprite sheet of our regional bird fakemon designed after the Ok-hand icon.)

i actually hope this goes through and gets finished. whats the progression thus far? i'm very interested in this hack but all i can really do is beta test.

Years
  • Hey, bh02032002, nice to hear you're interested. We're still in the learning and development phase atm, meaning we still needs the story to flesh out and do almost all mapping. We have around 100 sprite sheets done, are working on some custom or modified tiles (trees, houses, etc...), so a demo ain't exactly around the corner, at least not one that reflects the rom hack we want to provide.

Great to hear you're a beta tester, we already have some people patiently waiting, but i'll let you know when there's something to beta test :) Have a nice day

bh02032002

Currently open for rom hack beta testing.
    Years
  • Hey, bh02032002, nice to hear you're interested. We're still in the learning and development phase atm, meaning we still needs the story to flesh out and do almost all mapping. We have around 100 sprite sheets done, are working on some custom or modified tiles (trees, houses, etc...), so a demo ain't exactly around the corner, at least not one that reflects the rom hack we want to provide.

Great to hear you're a beta tester, we already have some people patiently waiting, but i'll let you know when there's something to beta test :) Have a nice day

okay thanks for letting me know. next time try to click the respond button and click the pencil icon (or whatever it is) but anyways thank you very much for the response and goodluck. hope this get's finished one day.
    NOTE:
    try to make a progressing rom hack thread when your ready to reveal the rom hack (screenshots, fakemon, etc.) anyways you probably know that goodluck.

Back