• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Custom Feature Question] Use multiple apricorns?

Years
  • Hey everyone. I try not to ask for help too much, but I just recently decided to put a character in my game who acts as Kurt, making pokeballs with apricorns. I want to know, though, how do you make it so that the player can have several apricorns used at once? I think it'd be a bit tedious to only use one apricorn per day. Any help would be very much appreciated. ^_^

Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2024
    I don't know anything about the scripts you're using, and I'm not sure what you're asking but I guess one of these:

1. You can find the bit of code that runs when you talk to Kurt after a day, move it to after you have given him an apricorn, and delete the "a day has passed" check to make him give balls instantly.
    2. You can change the variable that says which apricorn you've given Kurt from storing a single apricorn into storing a list. Then the code that makes Kurt give you balls needs to loop over that list and give you the appropriate balls then clear the list, and the code where you give Kurt an apricorn should add the apricorn to the list rather than set it.
    This is slightly buggy, if you give Kurt a second apricorn at hour 23 then after 1 more hour he will have 2 balls for you—you could fix this by storing the time you gave each apricorn in the list, and only giving balls/deleting from the list if 24h has passed for that particular item.

Years
  • I'm talking about doing it the way it's done in HGSS, where you could give him more than one of the same Apricorn and make the amount of Pokeballs that you gave apricorns for.

In Pokemon Essentials, however, let's say you have three red apricorns. You cannot choose how many you want converted at once, it's always just one of them, rather than the option of having three red apricorns converted to level balls at a time.

Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2024
    Oh, well that's even easier. Just add a variable for how many of the apricorns you gave Kurt, and make his scripts take all (or some player-chosen amount), and give you that many balls.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I wasn't entirely sure where to do this (and I even tried looking through the scripts to see where I should edit), but when I was working today, I thought of something different I'd do instead, since it works better with what I had plans for.

But thank you. This might help someone else if they just so happen to see this thread, lol.

Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2023
    I had a similar idea to streamline the apricorn process, but instead of allowing multiple apricorns at a time, I gave the player the option to rush production for $1000 and they'd get the pokeball immediately. If they don't want to pay, they will have to wait a day.

Back