• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Script] Forcing the Starter Pokemon gender. And some other issues.

Captain W'Kos

Geevee La Forge
Years
  • Hi!
    First, I'm new here, so if I'm making something wrong tell me.

Second, English isn't my national language, so if there are some errors, sorry (I'm trying to NOT use Google Translator!)

Third - Is there any way to force the gender that the Starter Pokemon have?
    I am making a Hack ROM, where I put some emphasis on the story, and that includes the starter Pokemons. There is litter of three Eevees, two brothers and one sister. And is there any way to force the gender that there would be no situation like player is choosing the brother and suddenly he turns out to a sister?

Fourth - Is there any way to trigger the auto catching scene like that with this old man in the Viridian city? Or with the Professor Oak and Pikachu in the Pokemon Yellow? But with a different Pokemon and trainer sprite? If there's a way, I can just cancel the third point, bcause I wanted to make that player and rival must catch first Pokemon (Professor has taken care of them, but he leaved them as "wild" status, or how to tell it, so they're isn't inside Poke Balls).

I am using Pokemon LeafGreen ROM as a base BTW and I'm trying to make the whole story in Kanto with one difference - Player starts in the "new" town near the Route 24, so is there a way to add a new header to the map bank? Or is there an unused by game header that I can use? I don't want a pop-up "ROUTE 24" in the corner when Player is in town...

Aaand can I use the if command more advancely? I mean, using for checking if value is larger than target value, AND smaller than target value then do further command?

Last edited:
    Years
  • 1st, don't use Leaf Green. Not much research has been put into it.
    Everything else I'm not too sure. Something probably exists

Captain W'Kos

Geevee La Forge
    Years
  • OK, I was able to isolate part of the script that initiate the Old Man's Weedle catching scene. (command Special 0x9D).
    Now I must find a way to decompile that special address and see how it is made.
    Any ideas? Uncle Google told me only usless things like basic ROM hacking tutorials and basic event editing where isn't the special command addresses decompiling or something...
    Annd when I was try to decompile it normally trough PKSV, i saw a garbage that evidently isn't doing the catch scene...

Back