• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ASM & Hex✓] help with inserting the colored stats for Ruby routine

Team Embrace

Team Embrace Boss
Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2022
    hi guys I'm having trouble with my Ruby ROM hack inserting ASM code specifically the colored stats by nature routine.
    The original instructions to do this are "After compiling the routine in a free offset, go to 0x09FFBC and overwrite the bytes with 00480047xxxxxx08.
    Instead of the XX, will be entered the offset of previous routine + 1 and in Little Endian format (example: 08123456 -> 57 34 12 08)."
    My chosen offset to insert the routine at was 800000 in a clean ruby ROM.however after following the instructions my ROM is stuck on a corrupted title screen with magenta graphics. I have attached screenshots of the relevant sections of the Rom's data. As well as a IPS patch capable of reproducing my issue on a clean Rom. thanks for any help!

Attachments

• loading screen.png
      loading screen.png
      16.2 KB · Views: 8
    • 0x09FFBC.png
      0x09FFBC.png
      109.6 KB · Views: 5
    • colorstats offset.png
      colorstats offset.png
      62.5 KB · Views: 5
    • colorstats-error.ips
      1.4 MB · Views: 1
    Years
    • Seen May 6, 2024
    I think you might have insert pasted the routine instead of overwrite pasting it

Back