• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Levea: Koko Kyurem Bulky Offense

Years
Greetings all this is an RMT for a team i built some time ago to test my ability to teambuild and i have not seen an RMT here in a while so i decided to post it here as i suppose my first thread and see what the community thinks of it. I managed to go i believe 19-1 on the ladder and i won i believe 5 room tours with this team so i believe it was successful in a sense. Anyway without further talk i will get started in explaining everything about the team.

kartana.png

Kartana @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Beast Boost
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Knock Off
- Sacred Sword
- Smart Strike

I decided to start with scarf Kartana because i did not have too many scarfers to choose from and kartana can contribute to any team by being able to both clean up late game and pressure offense and on this team in particular it outspeeds and heavily dents all tapus and it is my primary win condition against rain as it outspeeds Adament Swampert in rain. knock off allows me to OHKO blacepholon and remove items from various mons, Leaf blade is standard on any kartana set and with Stab + a huge attack stat leaf blade will do a great amount of damage and if it crits........Sacred sword hits things like Heatran and ferrothorn as well as other steel type mons and ignores stat boosts when calculating damage. Smart strike despite it being low base power this move can be scary to switch into coming off of STAB 181 attack and will usually kill off any fairy on the other end of the screen , dents Ice type mons such as Kyurem and Mamoswine as well as hit rock types. 252 attack for sweeping power and 252 speed for outspeeding the majority of the meta.

landorus-therian.png

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 224 Def / 36 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Hidden Power [Ice]
Next i needed a Hazard setter specifically rocks and Landorus-T is the best mon in my opinion to set them. Landorus also fills the needed role of checking Zygarde, Charizard X and verious other physical attackers in the tier as a defensive pivot. Landorus was also chosen for this team for its ability to grab momentum with U-turn and bring in Kyurem, Kartana, or koko. I run 248 HP to minimize stealth rock damage while making it as bulky as possible with its 224 Def. as a preference i ran 36 speed in order to get the jump on other landorus.

zapdos.png

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: Static
EVs: 248 HP / 240 Def / 20 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Discharge
- Roost
- Defog
- Heat Wave
My next concern was Hawlucha. Hawlucha is a huge menace that can eaisily win games without a whole lot of effort. I also needed Hazard control as kyurem takes a nasty 24% from rocks and i while i did have koko to check Hawlucha i found it rather inconsistent in doing so as it gets worn down performing its roles throughout the game. So i gave zapdos a try and it was a great add to the the as i found out in addition to performing the above roles it also static/Discharge paras Lopunny and medicham and checks/counters Kartana, Scizor, and ferrothorn with heat wave and mega pinsir with its electric typing and immunity to earthquake. With 248 HP its bulk is maximized while taking only 24% from rocks. 240 def is to better tank hits from physical attackers for increased chance of paralysis. I run discharge over thunderbolt for its very valuable 30% chance to paralyze mons and putting it with static makes for a very disgusting strategy.

magearna.png

Magearna @ Assault Vest
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 30 Atk
- Flash Cannon
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Volt Switch
Next i wanted to cover Ash-Greninja which is another prominent threat in the metagame as well as tapu koko, tapu lele, Mega-Alakazam and other special attackers. With Assault vest it stops Greninja and many special attackers. Magearna while it can be looked at as a defensive pivot, it thrives really well on offense being able to grab momentum with Volt switch and form a small Volturn core with Landorus. i prefer to run ice beam over fluer cannon 90% of the time due to the amount of mistakes that can be made with the special attack drop forcing me to volt-switch into an incoming ground type or just double out but with ice beam it allows me to click ice beam and secure the OHKO on the landorus switch. Hidden power fire hits steel types and flash cannon is spammable stab that allows it to KO Lele and combat koko.

tapukoko.png

Tapu Koko @ Choice Specs
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Dazzling Gleam

Next i needed a mon that can offensivly synergize with Kyurem-B and with Electric terrain it does just that. Koko also allows me to grab momentum with volt switch and bring in threats. As a side note once all ground types on the enemy team have been removed Specs thunderbolt/volt switch has very little switch ins. i run Hp Fire over hp ice because i already have kyurem that can apply pressure with ice moves as well as ice coverage on magearna and Landorus and it allows my to surprise kill troublesome steel types that this team would have a hard time removing from the game. Dazzling gleam is special STAB useful for hitting zygarde and certain Dark types.

kyurem-black.png

Kyurem-Black @ Icium Z
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Lonely Nature
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Freeze Shock
- Fusion Bolt

And for my last mon i figured i needed a Z-move user and a great Balance breaker to remove Venusaur, Celesteela, Toxapex, Clefable cores which Kyurem absolutely destroys. I run max attack, Max speed to hit as hard as possible with a lonely nature. Lonely Nature might seem really odd in a sense to see on a kyurem however, my mindset was that what will i need the speed for? Kyurem already out speeds everything it needs to and everything else it cannot really kill out-speeds it anyway and if i were to maximize its attack stat i could wall-break way better and Max attack + Electric Terrain + Fusion Bolt hits like a truck and Subzero slammer hits everything like a train often OHKOing Clefable and finishing off Chansey at 80% and i did not want to immediately have to fold to special attackers and wanted the ability to trade if i needed to with 125 base Hp there is very little that can OHKO kyurem from full so it will 90% of the time kill something with subzero slammer. Earth power was placed in the move slot to hit rotom-wash due to teravolt which ignores any ability and kill off Heatran and things like Mawile from time to time. ice beam is unfortunately its only reliable ice type attack ( which is why i don't run adamant) and will do a huge chunk to switch ins as well as dent Mega-Venusaur and kills off Landorus. Fusion Bolt as i said before hits like a truck in electric terrain and can 2HKO-OHKO Celesteela and Toxapex.

Threats
- Stall - the only way to win is to hope they misplay and keep chansey in on kyurem-B when it Subzero slammers.
- other Kyurem-B - one just has to try to play around it and not have lando in when it comes in,
- Z-celebrate Victini - This mon is poison to this team if it sets up z celebrate at full there is often nothing you can do about it. The best and perhaps the only way to play around it is to keep up rocks and keep landorus healthy and weaken it enough for kartana to kill it with Knock off.

Replays
Spoiler: Replays

Spoiler: Team

Kartana @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Knock Off
- Sacred Sword
- Smart Strike