• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Spoilers] Ash's Kalos Team

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
Note: This isn't a "will Ash catch ______" thread. Use the XY evolution/capture thread for that. This is a thread for discussing Ash's current Kalos team. This thread will contain spoilers regarding the future episodes of XY that haven't been dubbed.

025.png
658.png
663.png
701.png
706.png
715.png

So, I've been watching XY over the past few days and I've been really enjoying the dynamic that the entire team have with each other and Ash & Co. All of his Pokemon seemed to be fully developed characters that each have their own personalities. And none seem to fade. This is especially evident in Fletchinder/Talonflame (Fletchling was sad because it didn't get developed but..) who is the region bird and usually falls short of having any personality.

But this time around the relationships and dynamic seem to be a lot better and sweeter. Even the small things with how the Pokemon react when winning and such. It's all very different and I don't think Ash's team has had anything like this since the original series. The relationship between the Pokemon themselves. Hawlucha and Noibat/Noivern being a prime example. In the recent Japanese episode after Noivern is knocked out Hawlucha comes out of his Pokeball and is visibly upset etc.

So a couple of questions to create debate.
*Do you personally like Ash's Kalos team based on their personalities and dynamic?
*Do you think it's one of his best teams based purely on those points?
*Do you agree in that each Pokemon has their own personality compared to other regions?

Feel free to create your own questions/debates, too.

(NOTE II: This isn't a thread to discuss their power and if they're stronger than other region teams, although personally I think it's one of his most well rounded teams in terms of power and such but whatever)

ShadowGeralt

Ultimate Pokemon Trainer
Years
I am really amazed by how great his team is. All of his Pokemon really developed with the series going on. All the evolutions seemed right in place and fitting the personality of Pokemon.
Fletchling evolved first when fighting Talonflame, a stronger fire/flying Pokemon and then evolved into Talonflame while fighting with yet another stronger fire/flying - Moltres speaks volumes.
Noibat - the one that hatched from the egg found by Hawlucha, who basically became his father. While seeing his "father" being beat down by Zapdos, he evolved to Noivern to protect his friend that he was so closely with.
Goomy evolved first by protecting Ash and his friends and then again while saving the forest from fire. It's a Pokemon with a rich backstory that is very protective of those it loves.
And Froakie is a very special Pokemon, dare I say that Greninja is the strongest of all the Pokemon Ash has ever had. Froakie's evolutions were closely related with ninja events, proving that it wants to become stronger when other Greninjas fail.
Every Pokemon seems to have its purpose, they all just "fit" for me.
On a side note, when Ash lost to Wulfric and he abandoned his friends while Greninja did the same... This was great! It really makes you love Greninja as a character.
Dare I say, every single one of these Pokemon changed Ash in some way. Even Pikachu is different, but its dynamic in developing character is not as strong as the others.
I just feel like Noivern, since evolving, was underused. Am I the only one to think that?

EDIT: While we talk about the relationships between Pokemon, I'm amazed by the friendship between Greninja and Talonflame, it was very evident in the double fight with Olympia. It makes you think how it all started between them both.

Last edited:
Back