• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Not So New Newbie?

SlowpokeWell

... yawn?
Years
I'm so sure I made an account here about a decade ago that I hardly got around to using, but I can't for the life of me remember the login/email etc. I've been knocking around various forums for like... 15+ years now? So no wonder I forgot pfft.

I'm one of those old old ooold Pokémon fans (28, though I'm sure a bunch of you around here are just as old if not older pfft) and I've been playing since the old Red/Blue days on gameboy. :D

I've played almost every main Pokémon game over the years and then some, and don't plan on stopping any time soon. I pre-ordered Let's Go Eevee, which I picked up on release day and have been playing since. It's such a nostalgia trip and I'm loving it!!

If it wasn't obvious, my favourite Pokémon is Slowpoke and has been since I was a kid!! I love that lil pink dope. ❤ Johto is my favourite region, GSC are my favourite main games (despite their obvious faults, I adore the sprite work) and HGSS were excellent remakes too. I also love Platinum and I'm looking forward to Sinnoh remakes!! ORAS and BW are also high on my list. My favourite side game has to be Snap from my childhood, it was just so different and I'd love to see a modern sequel for it (and GO is good fun for when I'm out and about, if that counts?)

As for gameplay style, I like to battle and used to do so competitively back in the Gen4 days, and even entered the world championships back then too... I haven't done that stuff in a long while now though so I'm quite out of the loop when it comes to the meta nowadays since it's constantly changing and I didn't keep up. Other than that I like to work on filling the in-game Pokédex (which is getting harder and harder as the games go on, we're almost at 1000 Pokémon now lmao) breed up fun teams, and trade out good Pokémon. I used to do giveaways for shiny Pokémon back in the DPPt days since my chains would run so long I'd end up finding more than a dozen of them ahah.

Speaking of those, I'm also big on shiny hunting!! I've been doing that since i was a kid in the Gold/Silver days after a chance encounter with a pink female Nidoran, and over the years have loved the methods they've introduced in new generations to make it easier or more fun. I'm looking forward to seeing where they take those mechanics next!!

Anyways, I love talking Pokémon and haven't been part of an actual community for it in a few years now. I've said enough, so tell me your favourite Pokémon, region, main games, and side games if you like!!

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Hahaha yep, 28 years old right here too! Right at the prime, impressionable age where Pokemon first hit the scene and now two decades later we're still doing the same song and dance, lol. Anyway, great to meet ya and welcome back to PC! I'm not sure if you're interested but there's a small chance that the admin team can try to restore your old account? If that's something you want, I mean. Since you're an old veteran here I won't boggle you down with links and whatnot, but if you ever have any questions or just want to chat feel free to reach out! :)

Back