• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Question] Merciless Script (Pokemon Essentials v17.2)

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2021
    Hello, I am a new member. I am doing a little fan game. But I have a problem with Merciless ability. I have seen a script in this forum, but the only one I have found does not work for me. I haven't found anything else about that ability. Can anybody help me? How do you make that ability work?
    PD: I apologize for my poor level of English.

thepsynergist

Vinemon: Sauce Edition Programmer and Composer
    Years
  • Under Line 681, under Damage Calculation & Modifiers, inside the script `PokeBattle_Move`,
    Place this line of code above where it checks for the presence of Super Luck:
    Code:
        if attacker.hasWorkingAbility(:MERCILESS) && opponent.status==PBStatuses::POISON
          return true
        end

Be sure to also add Merciless to the Abilities.txt section in the PBS folder.

Back