• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Video game related hoaxes or rumors you believed in.

Jiggykoopbob

Local Pokémon loving Goomba. (Flair theme: SM64DS)
Years
  • It does not necessarily have to be from a Pokémon game only.

One rumor that i actually fell for once was that Waluigi could somehow be unlocked in Super Mario 64 DS. Since the game has Mario, Luigi, and Wario unlockable in that game, It would seem a bit logical that Waluigi was somewhere hidden too. Of course he isn't in any of the game's data and game files. When i matured i realised it was all just made up for attention and all. But i would have liked it if Waluigi was legitimately in the game somewhere.

Maybe any of you have some interesting or comical rumors you actually believed in the past? I'd like to know.

Last edited:
    Years
  • One of my friends in third grade INSISTED that if you held the B button and wiggled the d-pad in the direction of the Pokeball, Pokeballs would never fail in Ruby/Sapphire. I was convinced that I was simply mis-timing the wiggles and that it would work eventually.

After some early 2000s internet research, I eventually discovered that this was just a rumor and there is no input that affects how Pokeballs work, but I 100% believed it for a while.

Back