• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Question] Adding same type bonuses like in TFT

Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2022
    I was looking to see if there was already a resource out there that helped adding bonuses to Pokemon who battle with other Pokemon of the same type. The example I have is like in Teamfight Tactics. If you are using x amount of units of the same class/origin, those class/origins have added bonuses.

An example in Pokemon would be if in a triple battle you had 2 fire types on your team, your fire attacks gain 5% chance to burn. But if you have 3 fire types, the chance to burn is 15%

Years
    • Seen Mar 12, 2024
    As far as I know, there isn't a pre-built resource for this. However it shouldn't be too hard to build. You would just have to find out what your version of essentials uses for determining sides of a battle, put a "if pokemon-type = :FIRE >= 2" (not an actual line of code) or something similar and then put the desired effect. Repeat for each type and number of Pokemon.

Your burn code would basically just be Poison Touch, but instead of contact moves, all damaging moves.

Back