• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Planned PWT Team

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Thinking of a Trick Room team for a few days. I thought I'd seek feedback for a few reasons, mainly that I've never used Trick Room before and have never sought feedback on a team of mine so I feel I could learn a lot.

This team is intended for Rotation battles.

Audino w/ Chople Berry (if I can get one)
    Regenerator
    - Ice Beam
    - Trick Room
    - Wish
    - Safeguard
    Team support, pure and simple. Actually the MVP of the team, being the user of the sole move it's entirely based upon. The moveset is aimed at staying alive to keep Trick Room up, and since I should only need Trick Room and Wish to do that well enough, I added Safeguard in case the foe starts firing off something other than Thunder Waves. Survivability is, by the way, why I would rather use Audino than a Psychic-type. Ice Beam is there because I have nothing else to give it and think it best to have at least one damaging move on any setup. That is specifically Ice Beam because it exploits the most common double weakness (that of many Dragons) which is probably the only sort of thing the likes of Audino can hope to exploit for any real damage... and freeze-hax is always lurking around somewhere.

Steelix
    Sturdy
    - Heavy Slam
    - Ice Fang
    - Earthquake
    - Curse
    Steelix is actually the inspiration for the team. I noted two things about it — its weight and a STAB move to abuse it with (Heavy Slam), which will hit most things with 80–120 base power. By comparison, Iron Head is fixed at the low end of this spectrum and Iron Tail is inaccurate. The bare minimum power an ~880lb Heavy Slam will hit for against anything except Groudon is 60, and if I'm hitting for 60 I can just use my next move... Earthquake, which conveniently covers at least any single type that resists Steel. Ice Fang is obviously for Dragon-types which can be difficult with their high stats all-round, assuming it would do more damage than Heavy Slam. Since Steelix doesn't seem to need any other offensive moves, I figured since it gets Curse by level up I could keep that handy for when I see fit, especially since becoming slower actually makes something faster under Trick Room.

Cradily
    Suction Cups
    - Giga Drain
    - AncientPower
    - Earth Power
    - Ingrain
    Cradily is quite cool once you realise where its real eyes are, haha. Anyway, I know Cradily isn't anyone's first choice offensively, but it seems to compliment Steelix quite well barring the fact I'm adding another thing weak to Fighting. This is intended to be a special setup to further compliment Steelix.

Druddigon?
    Sheer Force
    - ???
    After deciding on Audino, Steelix and Cradily I know I'd need a counter to Fighting. The Dragon-Flying typing occured to me as a strong choice since it also resists other common elements, but Fighting-types always carry Stone Edge and most Dragons are very fast (ie. slow). So, I thought of Druddigon, but... this is the team member I'm least set on (to the point that I can't think of an appropriate moveset) and would like to hear the most about; feel free to suggest an entirely different monster in its place.

Now, I hope that describes the team sufficiently. As you can see I haven't decided much on items.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
  • I thought about making one and this is what I had:
    Empoleon (ev train around attack and defence)
    Flash cannon
    Trickroom
    Calm mind
    Surf

Shuckle!?!? (either sturdy or @focus sash)
    Power trick
    X-scizzor
    Rockslide
    Your choice

REUNICLUS @life orb
    psychic
    Psyshock/trickroom
    Recover
    Focus blast

Scizor -technician
    Iron claw
    Bug bite
    Arial ace
    Sword dance

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Thanks for the ideas. I have an express dislike for Reuniclus but I might use Scizor since I do happen to have one. Shuckle is a bit gimmicky, and Empoleon would be great but it's also weak to Fighting.

I did also think of Zapdos in the meantime, probably because I've been watching MTGXerxes, but I would have to give it a speed-reducing item or run it defensive like he does. Suppose I could even keep it fast for when Trick Room isn't in effect. I guess it's up to me, but is there a 'conventional wisdom' to this?

Back