• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Storm Silver & Pokemon Glazed NUZLOCKE!!

TurboHammer

Turbo
Years
  • Hey guys!! I recently started a Nuzlocke of Storm Silver! If possible please give me some feed back ^^? I'm a lot better at making top Pokemon lists and such (not like I'm good-but still LOL), but I'm very new to the whole Lets play scene! Please help me become better and grow as a commentator, and make my dream come true!!!!! You're the best gorgeous person you.

I felt as though not having the videos in spoilers made the post too big and could slow down loading speeds!

Any likes would be extremely helpful!

This would be the Storm Silver Nuzlocke!! Hope you guys enjoy!
    Episode 1!!
    Spoiler:

Episode 2!!
    Spoiler:

Episode 3!! (my fave so far)
    Spoiler:

Episode 4!!
    Spoiler:

Episode 5!!
    Spoiler:

Episode 6 Part 1!!
    Spoiler:

Episode 6 part 2!!

And here is my Pokemon Glazed Nuzlocke! I started this series after about episode 2 of the Storm Silver Nuzlocke! I'm making progress on commentating! slowly, but we're getting there guys.

Episode 1!
    Spoiler:

Episode 2!
    Spoiler:

Episode 3!
    Spoiler:

Episode 4!
    Spoiler:

Episode 5!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 8, 2015
    Always remember that you're telling a story, even if it doesn't seem like it. What you say is what your viewers are taking away from it.

Ask yourself:
    1. What is my intent for the Let's Play? What am I trying to accomplish?
    2. How do I tell the story for what I am trying to accomplish?
    3. Who am I? What's my style? How do I make that flow with my presentation?
    4. Is everything I'm putting forward achieving the goal of what I'm trying to accomplish?

There are a lot more things I can think of. I highly suggest studying or at least listening to various styles of narrators in other videos.

For example RoosterTeeth's Achievement Hunter Let's Plays in Minecraft.

1. Their intent is to do something, usually a predetermined task they come up with.
    2. They tell the story by telling the task at hand and then setting out for it, with updates of what they're doing and banter to move the episode futher.
    3. They usually use cut aways to a person's screen to help enhance the let's play, and usually in a way where it accentuates that point in the episode.
    4. They play the duration of the task, only to cut it in portions when the episodes go over X amount of time. Then they will cut them into parts.

You're a very excitable guy, keep with it. It's a thing that's honed and not there overnight. Some people it takes longer for than others. The trick is to refine, refine and refine. There are some other resources (I know the Angry Video Game Nerd did a video on how he does his videos). Basically, look for ways to hone your craft.

I'm rooting for ya!

TurboHammer

Turbo
    Years
  • Thanks VG, I can be pretty energetic haha! I'll defiantly take all of that into consideration. I haven't really thought about it much as a story format, but I will def do that here on out and see how it plays out. Really great advice and feed back!

Years
    • Seen Mar 8, 2015
    Story is a loose construct term. For a pokémon let's play, are you trying to go for completion of the game, collection of all the pokémon? It'd be hard justify a let's play of just going around in the same field forever without progress. You'd have to be REALLY entertaining!

TurboHammer

Turbo
    Years
  • Story is a loose construct term. For a pokémon let's play, are you trying to go for completion of the game, collection of all the pokémon? It'd be hard justify a let's play of just going around in the same field forever without progress. You'd have to be REALLY entertaining!

Just beat the Elite 4 and if there is some side stuff after the game maybe do those too. Thats about it haha. Hopefully I'll become super entertaining haha

quillmagma

powercrazed trainer
    Years
  • Hey man, the videos are entertaining but you can do better, as VG stated. Try to be yourself and if you have fun whilst recording, your viewers will also enjoy it!
    And remember, practice makes perfect. The more video's you make the better they get ;)

TurboHammer

Turbo
    Years
  • Hey man, the videos are entertaining but you can do better, as VG stated. Try to be yourself and if you have fun whilst recording, your viewers will also enjoy it!
    And remember, practice makes perfect. The more video's you make the better they get ;)

Thanks! I try to be myself in each Ep haha I'm a pretty eccentric guy already, and when the record light is on I go up a level or two (no pun intended). And, I agree! The last few episodes I've produced seem a lot better than my first few! So hopefully after a few months I'll have it down. Thanks again!

TurboHammer

Turbo
    Years
  • Thank you all for all the support so far! What do you think of the newer episodes? Updated the sidebars art and such trying new formats.

Shdwj

Excuse me?
    Years
    • Seen May 24, 2016
    Great AV quality, my friend! I took a look at one of your Pokemon Glazed Nuzlocke videos, and the layout you designed for the video looks great and your commentary quality is great--we can understand you clearly. There were some weird glitches on either the emulators part or your capture programs part, but other than that your AV was great. You seem very confident in your commentating, so that's definitely a plus. Continue practicing speaking your mind, and also don't forget to talk about the game itself (not just reacting to what goes on in the game, you know?).

Other than that, Quillmagma and VGOldSchool gave you great advice. Great job, man, keep it up! :D

Back