• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Event] Sweet Hearts ♥ Valentine's day event 2021 ♥ Character submissions ♥

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eleanor

Princess Era 🎀
Years
  • Sweet Hearts
    Welcome to the Valentine's day Challenges event for 2021, Sweet Hearts, where you'll collect said sweet hearts as you travel across your favorite region and meet some wonderful companions! Except... it hasn't started yet. Oops! Come back in two weeks, or... keep reading if merely playing along is not for you~

So where's the challenge?
    Right. The challenge will be up on February 14th of course! But before that day comes, you have some more time to contribute to it! Sounds great, right?
    In short, the event will let you go out on a date with other trainers and make them fall for you! But first of all, you'll need to meet up with these people for the first time, get their contact information, and see what they're up to. This way, by the time the challenge starts, you will already have a good choice of contacts to hang out with!

Breaking the fourth wall here a bit but no, these trainers are not your fellow challengers. They are more like "non playable characters" that you have the chance to create, and add to the list of possible dates that you will then have at your disposal during the actual event. Dating between trainers, as fun as it sounds, also means complicated schedules for everyone involved, whereas the objective of this challenge was to still let everyone go at their own pace.

O-ok! So I met this very cute trainer on Route 1... <3
    Alright, great! Then, you can take note of as many things as you discovered!
    To participate, and therefore submit your own character for this, fill in as many fields as you want to, then send a Direct message to either Eleanor or Janp.
    This way the character can be finalized and added to the Contact List that will be available for the actual event! Each character will have a set of favorite Pokémon and a set of desirable qualities that they will look for in the people they date, and that's what you will have to play around...
    Here's the sign-up form:
    ✨ Trainer Class:
    It's better to just pick NPC trainer classes, rather than things like Rival, Gym Leader, or Elite 4! That way, no ordinary player may be able to match their classes...
    ✨ Favorite Pokémon:
    You can list a few Pokémon (up to 6), or suggest a cool theme that they would enjoy to create their squad - for example, "cute Pokémon only" or "defensive Ice types".
    ✨ Preferred battle style:
    Offensive and reckless with their Pokémon, or more conservative? How much do they care about their Pokémon?
    ✨ Skill level:
    Rookie, expert, anything in between! You can also give the approximate level of their team.
    ✨ Pokémon they cannot stand:
    Again it can be a list of Pokémon or just a list of traits that can make them dislike a Pokémon.
    ✨ Adventuring skills:
    How much help do you think they will need while traveling on their own? Are they adventurous or not?
    ✨ Home region:
    Any main series game is fine!
    ✨ Personality / Other traits:
    Feel free to include any other detail you want in this section! This should be great if you're submitting a trainer based on a character you've already made for roleplaying or writing, for example.

Right, there's no "name" in this list, but that's because this way, people who have submitted a character and then play along won't have an advantage compared to players who didn't! Names will be assigned at random~
    A few more things: you can submit up to 4 characters this way, but also, this doesn't force you to participate in the challenge later on. We would really appreciate it, though!
    Have any more questions or doubts? Feel free to post those down below~ 😇

Last edited:

Lordecoxinha

English might falter
    Years
  • Hello!

I have a question:

I want to submit a character, so I was wondering whether or not it'd be okay to include a drawing of said character.

The reason I'm asking is because their looks might give some details away (or deceive people completely), so it might not be a good idea game-wise.

Eleanor

Princess Era 🎀
    Years
  • Hello!

I have a question:

I want to submit a character, so I was wondering whether or not it'd be okay to include a drawing of said character.

The reason I'm asking is because their looks might give some details away (or deceive people completely), so it might not be a good idea game-wise.

I'm sorry but... you guessed right! Much like with the name, it's better not to showcase any drawing during the challenge itself!

We could still be able to showcase any art or drawing at the end of the challenge though, so if you have a drawing already there that you're proud of, you can definitely include that in your DM. This also means that there's no pressure to send that in before the challenge starts - you can submit your character now, but send the drawing much later 😇

Lordecoxinha

English might falter
    Years
  • We could still be able to showcase any art or drawing at the end of the challenge though, so if you have a drawing already there that you're proud of, you can definitely include that in your DM. This also means that there's no pressure to send that in before the challenge starts - you can submit your character now, but send the drawing much later 😇

I don't have anything done, but knowing me I will get the urge to draw them as soon as I start creating them :P

This is actually exactly what I imagined! I figured it might be fun for whoever ends up with them (if anyone at all) to see what their "creator" imagined them to look like. After the challenge, of course :D

Eleanor

Princess Era 🎀
    Years
  • Closed for the time being! Thanks to everyone who submitted their ideas <3
    Don't forget to check out the actual challenge here!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back