• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Attendance Rate

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
Years
Out of boredom, I analyzed the Pokemon in OU Smogon since the R/B/Y era. There have been 149 Pokemon (Mega Evolution is a separate Pokemon, forms are not, excluding Alolan and Therian Forms) that have graced the halls of OU.

Out of this, 40 have been OU (or UBER) since they were introduced. These are:

Gen I:
-none-

Gen II:
Skarmory
Tyranitar

Gen III:
Jirachi
Latios* uber in Gen III-IV

Gen IV:
Garchomp* uber in Gen IV
Heatran
Magnezone
Manaphy* uber in Gen IV-V

Gen V:
Excadrill
Ferrothorn
Landorus-T

Gen VI:
Charizard-MX
Charizard-MY
Garchomp-M
Greninja* uber in Gen VI
Heracross-M
Hoopa-U*uber in Gen VI
Mawile- M* uber in Gen VI
Medicham-M
Metagross-M*uber in Gen VII
Pinsir-M
Sableye-M*uber in Gen VI
Scizor-M
Venusaur-M

Gen VII:
Buzzwole
Celesteela
Greninja-A
Kartana
Magearna
Marowak-A
Mimikyu
Muk-A
Nihilego
Tapu Bulu
Tapu Fini
Tapu Koko
Tapu Lele
Toxapex
Xurkitree

**this does not include Pokemon who have never left the Uber tier. It only includes Pokemon who have been OU from the beginning or Uber when they were introduced and dropped to OU ever since or OU in the beginning and since have risen to Uber in recent generations.

Any thoughts on this list? I was actually surprised to see Magnezone here and not see Latias. Also, too bad for Gengar and Starmie as they did not see any usage this generation. They could have had the real perfect attendance.

5qwerty

[b][font="open sans"]WHOLLY MOLEY[/font][/b]
Years
  • Seen Apr 25, 2024
It sucks that Gengar ended up dropping this generation. I think Starmie actually dropped to UU once in Gen V, so its case is not as unfortunate as Gengar's.

I'm also more sad about Zapdos not having been OU in Gen V, as it has always been one of the Pok?mon that I liked. If they gave it Lightning Rod from the get-go it may have been a different story.

jombii

Years
Checking Smogon, Starmi was actually OU in Gen V. It might have dropped once but have risen again during the latter part of the metagame.

Also true about Zapdos.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Feb 8, 2024
I think Gengar is going to end up back in OU. It's still an amazing offensive threat in OU, even if its ability is much worse this generation.

jombii

Years
I think Gengar is going to end up back in OU. It's still an amazing offensive threat in OU, even if its ability is much worse this generation.

I hope so too but I don't see much Gengar around playing on Showdown.

HeroLinik

To this day, he still can't beat Air Man...
Years
I'm pretty sure that Excadrill got banned from BW OU, if I'm not mistaken. It did get unbanned eventually, but not until like 2015 which was where nearly no-one was playing BW OU.

jombii

Years
IIRC it did get banned. But I am only considering their final rankings when the generation ended. This may not be final as gen VII is still not over yet. Plus, there are some unreleased megas as of the moment.

Back