• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokemon Inheritance

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 11, 2024

Introduction:
This game is developed in RPGMaker XP by Enterbrain with the Pokémon Essentials 16.2 plugin currently being updated by Maruno. Since 2014 I plan to make my own Pokemon game and now nearing the end of 2017 I can finally say that this is my first serious project. As english is only my third language I apologize for any mistakes beforehand.

Story:
This story takes place in an alternate universe in the region of Niwa.
You are a 16 year old boy or girl from Abelia Town and you will to start a journey as a Pokemon Trainer and try to compete in the Pokemon League. On your journey you will not only try to become the best trainer, you will also face and fight Team Danger and explore the hidden secret behind the Niwa region.

Features:
- Main focus will be on the story
- Side quests (planned)
- Each Trainer/NPC has a Mugshot for Character dialogue
- Final Pokedex will have between 300-350 different Pokemon
- Fakemon will be available (not catchable in current version)
- Regional Forms will be available
- Tough Gym battles and special Trainer battles
- Quicksave
-Trainer Detection
- Changed evolutionary lines (no trade required for evolutions)
- Custom Moveset (for example egg moves can be learned by level up) (not implemented yet)

Screenshots:

Spoiler:

To do:

- Work on custom made OST for this game
- Work on Fakemon Cries

Credits:
Spoiler:

Update: -

Download Link to the Pokemon Inheritance Demo:
Mega:
https://mega.nz/file/8BZzHRaJ#bTXOtvPyWTKHfY_WTPwekPC-ztFXdnFHg2oKA9LOJk0

Mediafire:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/pkl30ohxzboyda0/Pokemon+Inheritance+DEMO.rar/file

Knowns Bugs/Errors:

- The game crashes when entering the Pokedex Location/Area menu, because the region map is missing, do not click into the location menu in the Pokedex to avoid crash (a crash does not negatively impact already existing save files)
- There is a minor text bug in a battle with a Pokemon Ranger on Route 1, the text becomes small and unreadable during this battle only when switching Pokemon during this battle
- The Pokemon Center has a minor tile error at the bottom left and right corners
- If the text is slightly not centric during battle, closing and starting the game again should solve this issue and put the text back to a centric position during battle. Usually this is only an one time issue during an entire playthrough.
- There are 4 TMs in the game, unfortunately at this point the TMs can't be learnt by any Pokemon as the TM PBS has to be updated.
- The Mart in Nymania Town has the DayNight feature activated, no game breaking bug, the screen just looks darker during nighttime, this will be corrected in the next update.

Discord Server for Pokemon Inheritance:

https://discord.gg/ysy7gdmfND

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 11, 2024
First Demo is now uploaded in the first post.

Please let me know anys bugs/errors you find.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 11, 2024
Two videos from the current demo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yAz90YSh1I&t=5s (in case the first link doesn't work)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AasjwC_M3R0

Future plans for this game and some information about the demo I missed to mention:

- The Demo currently has an estimated playtime of 1-2 hours
- The Demo ends on Route 4 after the bridge challenge
- The final release of this game will have two endings
- The game will be more challenging in the future (at least important battles)
- I am looking for someone who could help out with trainer designs/sprites

I think this will be the last post for quite some time, but the game is still in process.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 19
  • Seen Jun 23, 2022
Does your game include fakemon ?. Which region will the pokemon come from? Anyways , best of luck on making the game !

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 11, 2024
Does your game include fakemon ?. Which region will the pokemon come from? Anyways , best of luck on making the game !

The game will maybe have one fakemon, but this is not a final number. I plan to include pokemon from each generation in the final Version of the game. Currently I'm focusing more on the maps, story and updated trainer graphics. The Story also has slighty changed compared to the first Demo. Thank you!

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 11, 2024
-Update-

I can finally present the second Demo of Pokemon Ruby Red.
The second demo ends after Nymania Forest, but you can still check out some parts of Route 8 for more information.
The estimated playing time for this demo is three hours.
Please find below the link to the game (will be updated in the first post as well):

- deleted -

Bugs:
- This is not really a bug, but I haven't updated the Pokedex yet, therefore only Kanto Pokemon are visible in the Pokedex.
- There is no region map available

Last edited:

darklugia2010

darklugia2010
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 16, 2024
Hey I played your game and it's reall good. I found some issues the first thing is beedrill restarting the game was difficult maybe it should teleport you to the entrance instead. I am currently stuck at the prism co. I caught the electrode instead of defeating it. Does this mean I am stuck and forced to start a new game?

Forgot to say I download it from the post that says 2 weeks ago.

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 11, 2024
Hey I played your game and it's reall good. I found some issues the first thing is beedrill restarting the game was difficult maybe it should teleport you to the entrance instead. I am currently stuck at the prism co. I caught the electrode instead of defeating it. Does this mean I am stuck and forced to start a new game?

Forgot to say I download it from the post that says 2 weeks ago.

Yes, I agree with the Beedrill part. I will change it in the next update.
After battling the Electrode did you check out the floor? In one of the rooms is a computer you have to click after battling Electrode.

darklugia2010

darklugia2010
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 16, 2024
Yes, I agree with the Beedrill part. I will change it in the next update.
After battling the Electrode did you check out the floor? In one of the rooms is a computer you have to click after battling Electrode.
So for getting back late. I checked all of the rooms and none of the computers work. checked on the first, second, third, and fourth floor and nothing. there's no click I guess I am stuck. no big deal though was good to play.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 11, 2024
So for getting back late. I checked all of the rooms and none of the computers work. checked on the first, second, third, and fourth floor and nothing. there's no click I guess I am stuck. no big deal though was good to play.

Thank you for your feedback. I fixed the event now after playtesting. The event did work, but it wasn't possible to activate it, because I placed it on the wrong tile.
Catching the Electrode is fine as well. The doors to the next floor can still be unlocked after clicking on the computer behind the Electrode.

I work alone on this game so it is hard for me to find every bug, so this kind of feedback helps me a lot.
The Beedrill event is Acacia Forest is changed as well and won't teleport the player to the title screen, instead the player will be teleported to the entrance of the forest.
I have updated the updated Demo in the first post, but it may not work with current save file.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 10, 2022
I'm not sure if I missed cut or something, but I can't figure out how to continue on from Acacia Forest after I defeated Colress.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 11, 2024
I'm not sure if I missed cut or something, but I can't figure out how to continue on from Acacia Forest after I defeated Colress.

Cut is not in the game yet. After the battle with Colress you can go to Route 4.

darklugia2010

darklugia2010
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 16, 2024
The new download link for the game is missing the soundtrack/audio. I don't have the first demo anymore. so how can I play the game with the missing audio?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 11, 2024
A new Demo will be released soon with changed story content, new characters, new tileset and updated maps.
I also updated the first post to reflect the current status of the game.

For now I have some screens from the game:

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 11, 2024
Below is the download link to the latest Demo of Pokemon Ruby Red. I also included the link to the game in the first post.

This Demo includes:

- 2 gyms
- updated graphics
- slight changes in the story
- new protagonist and rivals
- the game is around 3-4 hours long
- the game ends at the end of Route 6

A new save file is recommended.

Future plans for the game:

- The next release will most likely include the full game, as some maps already exist up the the fith gym, but with no events yet
- Addition of side quests
- New Mega Evolutions/Regional Variants (I am open for any help here)
- They will be no longer any trial system planned for the game, this game follows the tradition of gym battles

Game:
Updated Demo Version 2

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 23, 2023
I would really recommend setting up a discord so people can ask questions and apply for positions, it would also probable be easier to keep in contact with the people in the discord, but this is just a suggestion :)

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 16, 2024
It's great to see that this game isn't dead. It looks really good. The Delta/Regional starters are very interesting. Never liked Chikorita, but I want to try out that Grass/Fairy one. And a Water/Dragon Totodile looks beastly. Can't say no to a Bug/Dark Weedle either.

I would recommend maybe changing the game's name. It sounds like it's a remake of either Red or Ruby, while it's actually a brand new region, which is great. Sick of Hoenn and Kanto.

Back