• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Developing] Pokemon Great Tenkaichi

What battle screen do you prefer? [i](Please read the new battle screen description before voting.)[

• New battle screen ([url=https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=9751247#post9751247]described

Votes: 4 80.0%
  • Classic Pokemon battle screen

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

LorisC

Nothing is real, everything is permitted!
Years
  • I'm busy with exams too, so don't worry about answering as fast as you can! I understand!

Regarding the trainers and fighters, I agree, the ones that would be useless as fighters can be trainers, there will be some particular cases where a characters will be both trainer and fighter, but we'll try to not create paradoxical situations like the one you said, for example by making the encounter with fighting trainers before their appearance in the wild.
    In some particular events we could also make that, when you defeat a trainer that is also a fighter, that character will offer its help to you joining your team.

Dragon Ball and One Piece not being in the same dimension is what I'm planning to use!
    I have ideas! eheh
    But for now this isn't a problem, we'll decide what to include when the time comes!

Vegeta's new SSj form isn't still well explained, judging from the comments by the Great Priest it seems something similar to Goku's Ultra Instinct, but different.
    Let's wait for when we'll see him in action!

LorisC

Years
  • People seem to prefer Upper Body Images... a bit unexpected! eheh
    That way it should be easier to find good images for some particular fighters!

If someone still wants to vote, please go here at answer the 2 polls!
    Thanks.

Last edited:

LorisC

Years
  • People seem to prefer Upper Body Images... a bit unexpected! eheh

Thanks.

Things changed!
    Now Full body images are almost certain!
    I'll wait some more days to see what happens with the move names, at the moment English and Japanese have almost the same votes.

LorisC

Years
  • Hi to everyone!

I wanted to write something about a feature I'm planning to add, it regards breeding!
    In normal Pokemon Games the child species is determined only by the female part of the couple, I'm planning to change that fact by giving each fighter a set of possible childs, and when an egg is spawned, it's species will be decided randomly in these decided species.

Let's give an example!
    If I leave the breeding mechanic as it is, the result of making Goku and Chichi breed is certainly another Chichi,
    Doing the edits I'm planning to do, Goku will have a list of possible species that can generate by breeding, i.e. GOKU, GOHAN, GOTEN, the same happens with Chichi, she will have CHICHI, GOHAN, GOTEN.
    The species of the child will be chosen randomly in these 6 species, with GOHAN and GOTEN having more probability because they appear in both the lists.

I've already checked some things and everything I've written is definitely possible to achieve.

I also have an idea for the perfect Dragon Ball-Themed Daycare center!
    It even has the limit of a max of 2 fighters per time even in the Anime!

What do you think?
    Let me know if you have ideas to make the mechanic better than the one I described or if you'd prefer to maintain the regular Pokemon one.
    Thanks!

EDIT
    Another thing!
    Since now I've talked about eggs, but in most cases there won't be eggs at all, because I don't think that beings like Chichi or Bulma drop Eggs!
    There are particular cases, like the Namekians, where eggs will be needed, but in a normal situation you'll obtain a lv.1 fighter not an egg.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 29, 2020
    In some particular events we could also make that, when you defeat a trainer that is also a fighter, that character will offer its help to you joining your team.
    For one or two fighters this could be intressting. However I wouldn't recommand overusing this. Like mentioned before if the fighter is only obtainable by events than it kinda limits you as far freedom goes. It's always a gamble to recieve a fighter with bad stats. Maybe for Master Roshi this could be nice.

Dragon Ball and One Piece not being in the same dimension is what I'm planning to use!
    I have ideas! eheh
    But for now this isn't a problem, we'll decide what to include when the time comes!
    I could be some sort of event. It's basicly a bonus fighter so I wouldn't recommand overloading it in the wild. Maybe when you finished the entire game you can encounter him in the wild in bonus area. But before that I would suggest to make him only obtainable after a quest or so. Than again when the timebreakers are involved who knows what areas and dimentions become available.

Vegeta's new SSj form isn't still well explained, judging from the comments by the Great Priest it seems something similar to Goku's Ultra Instinct, but different.
    Let's wait for when we'll see him in action!
    Yeah it's hard to tell right now. Based on the length of the anime before the timeskip it probally will be similar. I still have a feeling it might not be his end form. I'm not even sure it will be clear how powerfull the form is or will be compair to ultra instinct.

People seem to prefer Upper Body Images... a bit unexpected! eheh

Thanks.

Things changed!
    Now Full body images are almost certain!
    I'll wait some more days to see what happens with the move names, at the moment English and Japanese have almost the same votes.
    I have feeling that not having full body images will make it strange. It will also be more difficult for the animations if the full body is not available.

I wanted to write something about a feature I'm planning to add, it regards breeding!
    In normal Pokemon Games the child species is determined only by the female part of the couple, I'm planning to change that fact by giving each fighter a set of possible childs, and when an egg is spawned, it's species will be decided randomly in these decided species.

Let's give an example!
    If I leave the breeding mechanic as it is, the result of making Goku and Chichi breed is certainly another Chichi,
    Doing the edits I'm planning to do, Goku will have a list of possible species that can generate by breeding, i.e. GOKU, GOHAN, GOTEN, the same happens with Chichi, she will have CHICHI, GOHAN, GOTEN.
    The species of the child will be chosen randomly in these 6 species, with GOHAN and GOTEN having more probability because they appear in both the lists.

I've already checked some things and everything I've written is definitely possible to achieve.
    Intressting, are you going to implement breeding moves as wel? Or are you going to remove this in that system?

I see you started a wikia page. Maybe I recommand you use a bot to fill in the data. Doing this manually can be a little painfull.

I also have an idea for the perfect Dragon Ball-Themed Daycare center!
    It even has the limit of a max of 2 fighters per time even in the Anime!
    Are you referring to the time chamber or something else?

What do you think?
    Let me know if you have ideas to make the mechanic better than the one I described or if you'd prefer to maintain the regular Pokemon one.
    Thanks!
    This new system would indeed be a lot better. It would also allow to introduce fanmade fighters that else wheren't possible like for example:
    - Bulma + Yamcha children
    - Mizune (Raditz daughter)
    - Bulma + Goku children
    - Tien + Launch children

Currently there aren't many female fighters so the options will probally overflowing. I would suggest to introduce most of these female a bit like the fairy type. Basicly the counters of the dominating type like Saiyen, God, etc... They could be supportive fighters that allow other fighters that fight near them in dubble battles to be stronger. Some example of moves:
    - Distress: A call for help, ally fighters in dubble battles will have their attack sharply increased
    - Be Slapped: You slap the enemy [10 base power] than you recieve return damage (20 base power). Than the next fighter you summon that is the opposite sex will have their stats sharply increased.
    - healing moves...
    - etc...

Another thing!
    Since now I've talked about eggs, but in most cases there won't be eggs at all, because I don't think that beings like Chichi or Bulma drop Eggs!
    There are particular cases, like the Namekians, where eggs will be needed, but in a normal situation you'll obtain a lv.1 fighter not an egg.
    I don't think Namekians breed with eachother actually. I believe they produce the child on their own. So technically it's not breeding. That would also mean they won't be able to transfer moves. However like is showed with demon piccolo they are able to produce hybrids. I have no idea how that works but it's doesn't really seem to be the same.

What you can do is make it different from normal breeding. They produce an egg like you mentioned but most of the time it doesn't produces themself but more hybrids like Tamborine. What can be done later on is that they create fanmade hybrids based on the type of the other fighter (not genre depended). Like a saiyan namekian, human namekian, etc... An requirement that could be made is that the Namekian must but add least 30 levels higher than the other fighter to make it possible to generate hybrids. To chance to generate a full namekian must be extreemly rare.

LorisC

Years
  • It's true that we have to invent something to put in some females, I'll take a better look at them tomorrow.

Regarding the fan made characters you said, they can be included in some way, maybe making them obtainable only when 2 particular fighters are put together in the day care.
    To explain better, normally the characters would be able to generate some characters, a perfect example are Bulma and Goku.
    Normally Bulma would be able to generate Trunks or Bra, and Goku generates Gohan or Goten, but if you put them together, the fan made children will be added to the possible generated species, maybe with a higher chance that the others.

It's also true that the namekians doesn't breed, there are only male namekians and they can produce eggs, we only have to put a limit on when these eggs can be produced.

I still have to decide what to do with egg moves!

Years
    • Seen Dec 29, 2020
    O yeah I forgot to mention something. It's revealed when the anime is going to end. The anime is going to end in March. And it's already confirmed there won't be any episode in the next 6 months. After the 6 months their will be a movie. It's currently unknown if the anime is going to continue but many speculate their will be a timeskip series in 2019.

Years
    • Seen Dec 29, 2020
    I still have to decide what to do with egg moves!
    It's part of the breeding mechanic, but I already known it's a pain to implement it. What most people do is to just make a shop where egg moves can be learned to fighters.

What you could do is to work with a sort of currency where you get 1 "breeding point" for every fighter you breed. This currency can be used to pay for learning a breeding move to your fighter. A system like this might make it a little bit easyier to get your hands on breeding moves but their is still a requirement in order to get them. For Goku for example you could make him able to learn the "Dodon Ray" for 3 breeding points. An move he would probally have learned when it was the Crane School that trained him.

What the shop also could contains is give the ability to learn some signature moves that are often unique for a fighter like Chiaotzu "Super Dodon Blast" for 5 breeding points. This could be a way for other Crain School users to learn this technique like Tien, Mercenary Tao and Yurin. Offcourse I would suggest to limit this only for those 3 fighters offcourse.

An expansion on this could be ones you learned this technique to your fighter you are able to relearn it ones it get's overlearned by another move. Most pokémon rom hack have a shop or a guy that allowed them to learn some of their forgotten moves back. It could be made a shop similar to the breeding shop where you gain a currency. I would suggest making this the martial arts rewards. Every time you win it you get a certain amount of points by winning the participation, 3th, 2th or 1st price. This could also be a way to get some exclusive fighters but that's something for another time.

LorisC

Years
  • Actually Egg moves should be already working in Essentials, each fighter has a list of moves that can know by breeding.... I don't know the details of their functionality, but something is surely present.

Regarding the end of DB Super, from what I've read, the most certain thing is that the Tournament of Power ends in March, after that we don't know!
    Someone says that after that there will be a pause, and that's almost surely what you read, someone else simply says that we will have a new arc immediately after the end of the tournament.
    The easier thing to do in these cases is simply to wait and see what happens!

P.S.
    I found another interesting transformation of a character!

But there aren't any more details for now!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 29, 2020
    Actually Egg moves should be already working in Essentials, each fighter has a list of moves that can know by breeding.... I don't know the details of their functionality, but something is surely present.
    Alright

Regarding the end of DB Super, from what I've read, the most certain thing is that the Tournament of Power ends in March, after that we don't know!
    Someone says that after that there will be a pause, and that's almost surely what you read, someone else simply says that we will have a new arc immediately after the end of the tournament.
    The easier thing to do in these cases is simply to wait and see what happens!
    Geekdom101 is the closest to the source. it's official:
    --Is Dragon Ball ending?
    Fuji TV: "Yes, the series presently on air will end here for now."

-- Really?...So it's not just changing to another timeslot?
    Fuji TV: "At present it is ending; beyond that is still undecided."

-- Will their be a sequal?
    Fuji TV: "Currently it is undecided so their is nothing I can tell you, but when something is decided we will put out a press release."

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDoGP382qLA

And based on his information he shared in this and his previous video. Their won't be any anime episode for the next 6 months after March.

P.S.
    I found another interesting transformation of a character!

But there aren't any more details for now!
    Cool, an evolution for Android 21 :o

Last edited:

LorisC

Years
  • Ook, in that case I already start to hope for a sequel! eheh

The evolution of Android 21 seems something like a mix of other fighters, she seems a majin, with a tail like frieza... maybe she absorbs some genes in some way, after all she's s scientist!
    Anyway she can become very interesting! Let's see what happens!
    We won't have to wait for too long, the game releases in 2 weeks if I remember correctly.

Another thing, I tried to insert Chi-Chi and her moves, the result is not so bad! I thought worse!
    Bulma will be a bit more difficult, but we can make her intelligence useful by giving her support moves, maybe with some of them usable even outside of battle.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 29, 2020
    Ook, in that case I already start to hope for a sequel! eheh
    I hope the same man.
    The evolution of Android 21 seems something like a mix of other fighters, she seems a majin, with a tail like frieza... maybe she absorbs some genes in some way, after all she's s scientist!
    Anyway she can become very interesting! Let's see what happens!
    We won't have to wait for too long, the game releases in 2 weeks if I remember correctly.
    Indeed

Another thing, I tried to insert Chi-Chi and her moves, the result is not so bad! I thought worse!
    Bulma will be a bit more difficult, but we can make her intelligence useful by giving her support moves, maybe with some of them usable even outside of battle.
    Chi-Chi always had potentional. Kid Chi-chi probally has one of the most unique movesets in the entire game. While her adult form could just have super effective moves against Goku or something. It's already confirmed in the anime that they get a power boost for breeding saiyans so that means chi-chi isn't as weak we all thought to be.

Bulma will be ok I think, you could give her moves like god slam or something that is super effective against Beerus. You can use gag moves in cases like that. If you watch dragonball she has technology like shrinking what could be implemented as a accuracy move. You could give her the "Up skirt" move to charm her target.

https://youtu.be/KQ_gPW01Jac?t=1m59s

It's kinda crazy but probally hilarious to fight with. The move could exist in two part. The first turn the charm and the second turn the gunfire.

Last edited:

LorisC

Years
  • Than again when the timebreakers are involved who knows what areas and dimensions become available...

Talking about future plans, I found an artist on Deviantart that made fusions between Naruto and DB characters, here's some examples:

They are well done!

Years
    • Seen Dec 29, 2020
    Talking about future plans, I found an artist on Deviantart that made fusions between Naruto and DB characters, here's some examples:

They are well done!

It's nice but is merging naruto with it not a little bit overkill? Merg bleach with it now your add it. I'm also wondering how this will work out in terms of copyright policies. I believe their are some rules for artwork.

LorisC

Years
  • Of course I will have to ask for the author permission in case I'll use his works.

The 4 main series are dragonball, Naruto, One Piece and Bleach, if things will go extremely well with the dragonball only game, there'll be the possibility to add new regions with characters from different anime, with some points of conjunction.
    One piece and dragonball had more than one collaboration, Naruto and Bleach are more separate things... The main reason I hadn't mentioned Bleach is that I don't know Bleach characters at all!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 29, 2020
    Of course I will have to ask for the author permission in case I'll use his works.

The 4 main series are dragonball, Naruto, One Piece and Bleach, if things will go extremely well with the dragonball only game, there'll be the possibility to add new regions with characters from different anime, with some points of conjunction.
    One piece and dragonball had more than one collaboration, Naruto and Bleach are more separate things... The main reason I hadn't mentioned Bleach is that I don't know Bleach characters at all!

Alright,

That are indeed dragonball, Naruto and Bleach are indeed the 3 biggest action series on a global scale. As far One Piece goes it's big but it never extended globally. For example in my country it was never a big hit. But for the French it was their show to watch. I ever started to watch One Piece but I never got far. For Bleach & Naruto it's another story. I finished the entire Naruto series and even started to watch Boruto.

As far Bleach goes I'm currently up to episode 236 (yeah it's big...). And I must say that it has potentional for a rom series. Most side characters have about 2 or 3 forms now. Some even have over 6. While the main character currently has let's say 10 forms.

The only thing I'm worried about a bit is that those other shows will have to follow the mechanics that are implemented for dragonball and their is a high chance these characters will dominate the picks on your team. What will probally will happen is that you get a team like this:

- Your starter / Jiren
    - Naruto
    - Sasuke
    - Ichigo
    - Luffy
    - Vegito

So it might be more suitable to just aply Naruto & Bleach on a seperate series where all their content could be explored properly. Just like other series like Fairy Tail, DxD, etc...

What could be done however is make those main character only available in the series as bonus content after the main events are ended. But even than I would add limitations so these fighters cannot be used to the remaining events like making them all mystic and don't allow mystic fighters for certain events.

LorisC

Years
  • What I was thinking to do is to maintain the series separate until a good point is reached, first you start the game with only Dragonball (or, maybe, we can make the user choose where to start), and you will have only that region for a nice amount of time.
    once reached a certain point in the story, the possibility to travel to other regions unlocks, but at this point we can even make that the user won't be able to use characters from a different series during the main stories.
    once reached a good point in more than 1 story, something happens (most likely 2 of the evil teams start to cooperate), allowing you to mix the 2 series.

That way players will be always forced to explore each world's fighters, and decide later which of them deserves to have a place in the mixed team, even depending on who was used during their travel on each world.

To do that I'll need a bit of help, especially for Bleach! As I already said, I know nothing!

Anyway now that I said it, this was my original plan!
    That way if someone wants to play only with a certain series it'll be possible, but if, like me, someone likes to mix things and see what happens, that will be possible too.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 29, 2020
    What I was thinking to do is to maintain the series separate until a good point is reached, first you start the game with only Dragonball (or, maybe, we can make the user choose where to start), and you will have only that region for a nice amount of time.
    once reached a certain point in the story, the possibility to travel to other regions unlocks, but at this point we can even make that the user won't be able to use characters from a different series during the main stories.
    once reached a good point in more than 1 story, something happens (most likely 2 of the evil teams start to cooperate), allowing you to mix the 2 series.
    That can work. But I suggest to keep those ideas on hold. Else their probally will never be a demo.

That way players will be always forced to explore each world's fighters, and decide later which of them deserves to have a place in the mixed team, even depending on who was used during their travel on each world.
    If they are unique enouge as far mechanics goes. I think it will work out. However it does require some unique mechanics in order to pull off some unique teams in the end.

To do that I'll need a bit of help, especially for Bleach! As I already said, I know nothing!
    I believe I still need to watch 4 more seasons. Than it's the manga. It probally will be a while before I have that all processed. But no rush so eventually it will all work out.

Anyway now that I said it, this was my original plan!
    That way if someone wants to play only with a certain series it'll be possible, but if, like me, someone likes to mix things and see what happens, that will be possible too.
    Seems perfect, I hope their isn't a fighter limit. It will be a very big game if it ever get's finished.

---------

Maybe back to the requirements for the demo. The brainstorming is going a bit to much towards the endgame. Right now I would suggest to set these things in place:
    - The rivals
    - Some of the early training classes that cover the trainers you will be fighting in the demo
    - The routes that need to be prepared & designed (the mini-map?)
    - The quests, events & story lines for the demo
    - The item rewards
    - The TM/HM mechanics & rewards and how that will work out.
    - The list of fighters that will be available in the demo
    - The moves that need to be prepared and mechanics figured out
    - The possible abilities that need to be prepared for some of the available fighters.

LorisC

Years
  • True! For now let's just proceed with dragonball.

At the moment I'm adding the moves of the main fighters.

LorisC

Years
  • I've taken a look at how egg moves work.
    A child has a list of possible egg moves, if either the father or the mother know that move, the child will also know that move.
    There's another thing, if both father and mother know a certain move, the child will know that move too, even if it isn't in the egg move list.

Back