• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How do I adjust the size and frame count of the party icons?

Years
  • As the title says, I would like to know how to adjust the size of the icons that can be used for the party icons to 70x64 and I would like reduce the animations down to only 1 frame (still image) so the party screen doesn't have so much motion in it.

This sounds like it would be easy to do, even with a limit knowledge of Ruby (or coding in general), but I have just spent the last 2 hours looking through the party screen code and couldn't find anything that mentioned the 128x64 resolution that the game currently uses for the icons or 64x64 to show a single frame.

Eventually I found (code) and thought I was on to something, but I couldn't find self.icon used anywhere else.
    Code:
     def self.icon(filename)
        self.load_bitmap("Graphics/Icons/"+ filename)
      end

so I'm stumped, any assistance with this would be greatly appreciated!

Back