• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga Fight scenes Manga essay

Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2017
    Hey guys,

I'm working on an essay on fight scenes in manga and I'm curious, what are some of your favourite manga fight scenes?

For me the first battle that comes to mind is Guts vs Zodd round one from Berserk. I personally think the fight scene in the manga is superior to both anime adaptations. There are so many layers to this fight. Firstly, this is the 1st time Guts is facing a superior opponent and this is foreshadowed masterfully as we slowly come to truly appreciate the power gap. Beyond this the inner fear Gut's has to contend with is fascinating to watch and although there aren't any flashy action set pieces the technical aspects of the fight are riveting. Finally as I turn look through each panel I'm blown away by the visuals.

Back