• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen HeartGold Crashing at Game Corner

alolan_pixichu

bruisedlittlejealousy
Years
I recently bought a copy of HeartGold on eBay. I was playing through the game just fine, no freezing or lag until I got to the Game Corner. When I got into the building, I was able to talk with everyone, but once I activated the game, it turned black. The music was playing, but the screen was completely frozen. I had to start all over from Ilex Forest. Is there any way to fix it or get the Pokémon and TMs another way?

(I bought the game knowing full well it was a reproduction. I wanted to just play the game for a cheaper price, and the seller said that if you wanted a real game, don't buy the product. I looked at the feedback and everyone was saying that it worked just fine and they didn't have any problems.)

Last edited:
Years
I'm going to guess you got unlucky and got a bad cart from the seller. Legitimate copies don't freeze there, so I don't think there's much you can do. I think you can catch some of the Pokemon somewhere else but there are some exclusive ones there.

Maybe the cart is dirty? That's all I can think of, other than trying over and over until it works.

alolan_pixichu

bruisedlittlejealousy
Years
I'm going to guess you got unlucky and got a bad cart from the seller. Legitimate copies don't freeze there, so I don't think there's much you can do. I think you can catch some of the Pokemon somewhere else but there are some exclusive ones there.

Maybe the cart is dirty? That's all I can think of, other than trying over and over until it works.

I'll see if I can clean it, but a friend also said that if I do it on a DSi instead of a 2DS it may work. I'm not too sure, but I have Platinum so I can probably trade some Pokemon from that game.

Back