• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Question] Change party limit to 3

NanaelJustice

AbsoluteXandy
Years
  • Pokémon Essentials for default uses the same party limit as the official games. There is a way to change that limit to 3 instead of 6?

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2023
    Essentials doesn't have a constant to define the party limit, so unfortunately you would have to manually edit every line in the code that compares the trainer's party length with the number 6 (e.g. "$Trainer.party.length < 6" becomes "$Trainer.party.length < 3"). And it's another thing if you also want the party screen to only show 3 slots instead of 6. It's not impossible, but it's not very easy either.

NanaelJustice

AbsoluteXandy
    Years
  • Essentials doesn't have a constant to define the party limit, so unfortunately you would have to manually edit every line in the code that compares the trainer's party length with the number 6 (e.g. "$Trainer.party.length < 6" becomes "$Trainer.party.length < 3"). And it's another thing if you also want the party screen to only show 3 slots instead of 6. It's not impossible, but it's not very easy either.
    That's seems like the easy part! I managed to change the party length, but I started to get some trouble with the PC.
    The slots on the Party Screen can be changed with a little bit of criativity in the party graphics.

Limit party size based on badges found a relatively dirty solution to a similar problem.
    That helped A LOT! My game doesn't have a way to catch wild Pokémon, that saved me a little extra trouble.
    The essentials PC works more properly now and that storage manipulation thread really helped me with the event Pokémon basically allowing me to put all the new things "directly" on the box.

Thank you guys! That should be enough to me keep going with my game.​

Back