• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen It's only just a dream

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    SO the Dream World. Cool place for trainers but what about Pokemon?

You hook your Pokemon up to a machine (I would assume)... and force it to go to sleep so that you, the trainer, can make more "friends" (or slaves from Plasma's point of view). Yes you befriend Pokemon by playing games with them but do you really? You take them away from their island paradise to some region where they get put in a box for eternity. Are dream world Pokemon even real? Is this something morally fair on either the sleeping Pokemon (invading THEIR private dreams) and on the Pokemon you bring back?

What do you think of all this? Is the Dream World really as wonderful and joyous as everyone makes it out to be????

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen yesterday
    What intrigues me about the whole thing is Musharna. Apparently it's powerful enough to make Pokémon materialize from dreams? And then take them to the Entree Forest for capture? And what about the people in Entralink? Are they real humans, or illusions conjured by Musharna?

This feature raises a lot of questions imo, it's such a shame it wasn't carried over for Gen VI or VII. I feel GameFreak wasted a huge opportunity for world building by abandoning it after XY came out.

Back