• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Sword & Shield] A Little Suggestion

Aetheral Meowstic

Aetheral Meowstic
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 14, 2021
From what I can tell about these new games, they're definitely aimed toward younger, less experienced Trainers. However, that means that these games will leave the more-experienced ones yearning for more.

I have a suggestion: Have two types of Journey available, called Simple and Modified Classic.
A Simple Journey is just the original concept. A Modified Classic Journey blends all the elements we know and love about the old games with the new elements in these. For example, to catch Pok?mon in the Modified Classic Journey, you come across the free-roaming Pok?mon you want, then you have a turn-based battle with them like in the other games, IVs and all. However, as soon as you take out a Pok? Ball, they're caught with motion controls, Pok?mon Go style. If it fails, it switches back to turn-based battle. This idea may delay the releases by a couple of years, but at least they will be able to satisfy everyone, younger and experienced Trainers alike.

Be strong! Stay smart! And be victorious!

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
Years
1) Actually what's the point of adding suggestions to a forum when we aren't the one making the games.

2) This game isn't the main ones, just a pair gearing towards bringing Pokemon Go fans into the main game upcoming in 2019, or bringing those whom aren't Pokemon Go-ing into it.

3) Your font blinds me.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jan 22, 2023
I don't know what purpose this would serve in the grand scheme of things.

pkmin3033

Keeping the garbage motion controls completely defeats the point of having another mode, in my opinion. Those need to GO. If you'll pardon the pun. They are what is wrong with the game and what need to be changed.

Aetheral Meowstic

Aetheral Meowstic
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 14, 2021
Concerning Generation VIII... well, with the horrible business decisions behind Sword/Shield, I personally can't count them as canon.

Back