• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Discussion] BenderWaffles Public Tileset Removal

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Mar 22, 2024
Hello!

For those of you who don't know me (which I am sure is most of you, I'm a longtime lurker but first time poster) I am BenderWaffles. I run a small YouTube channel (https://youtube.com/c/benderwaffles if you are curious) where I teach low-level, beginner game development.

Recently, I released a tileset to my community in the lead up to a tutorial series for Pokemon Essentials that I am working on producing. The tileset was made up of tiles that I found around the net, that I was certain were available for public use. However, it was brought to my attention earlier today that some of the tiles, were in fact, not meant for the public. Upon learning this, I removed the download link, privated the video, and put out an announcement via my channel and my discord alerting my community to the issue and telling them not to use the tiles.

I personally loathe people who steal other's resources, and the fact that I may have in any way, even unknowingly, aided in such behavior, honestly, makes me feel quite sick to my stomach. As such, I felt it best to make the situation known across all the major Pokemon Fangame and ROM Hacking communities. If you have any questions or comments, feel free to respond here, or email me at [email protected].

Hopefully, this situation is handled, and won't cause any issues.

My regards,

John "BenderWaffles" Aljets

Back