• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Script] What is wrong with this script?

Years
    • Seen Aug 1, 2020
    I put the script below. The player is supposed to walk onto a script event and wonder what pokemon he will get. Once he has done this, nothing will happen if he walks over the event again. When I try to play, I just freeze when I step onto the script. Why does the message not appear?

Attachments

• script1.PNG
      script1.PNG
      37.1 KB · Views: 17
    Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen May 5, 2023
    I put the script below. The player is supposed to walk onto a script event and wonder what pokemon he will get. Once he has done this, nothing will happen if he walks over the event again. When I try to play, I just freeze when I step onto the script. Why does the message not appear?

You have to use "setvar" command and put a value in script and Advance map. They must be different otherwise script will always run

Years
    • Seen Aug 1, 2020
    You have to use "setvar" command and put a value in script and Advance map. They must be different otherwise script will always run

I don't understand the setvar command very well, could you show an example on how I would use it in this script?

Back