• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen Generation 1 Re-Remake?

Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2018
    I'd love to see Kanto again, but not in the form of another remake and especially not on the 3DS. I'd much rather have sequels on the Switch. They could be set 20 years after GSC and include Johto as a postgame region.

Absolitetion

Deemed to be a demon, but an angel inside.
    Years
  • That would be nice.
    Preferably they combine it with Johto (and the Sevii Islands?), and/or give the map a bit of a makeover so we have a bit more variety in the landscape.

I also favor the Switch for this.

Years
    • Seen Aug 22, 2017
    I'd love to see a re-imagining or sequel to the original games. 20 years has passed, new Pokemon have been discovered and so on, so these are just my thoughts on what the games could include:

A new playable character, possibly starting in a new town (much like B2W2)
    The original 3 starters with updated movesets
    A new rival character, preferably that we get to name
    Changes to gyms and gym leaders over time - Viridian Gym is obviously no longer under control of Giovanni, and instead the Pokemon League have installed a new trainer, maybe fighting the gyms in a different order
    Changes to towns and cities - some have grown, some have shrunk
    Inclusion of Sevii Isles, Johto and Mt Silver
    Expanded Pokedex - Houndour in Kanto, Porygon's evolutions

Alexander18

Banned
    Years
    • NZ
    • Seen Dec 29, 2017
    No thanks. Kanto showed up too many times. A re-remake sounds awful including the word "re-remake" in my opinion. No more kanto.

Years
    • Seen Feb 20, 2023
    I'm in, but I'd rather have a reboot over a remake.

A reboot with Blue and Green being rivals (or Red if you chose Green) and Johto being accessible would be awesome.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    If it's happening it'll definitely be on the Switch. It would have to be a new retelling though, or else people might go a little crazy in terms of hate lol So maybe set a few years later - like... now? Show the grown up versions of Blue/Red as in how they were in S&M aaand make huge changes to the region. It'll still be Kanto, just 20% cooler. :)

But yeah, if a remake exactly as it was at the start? Definitely noooooo. But maybe recover Cinnabar island... or I guess if it's an alternate universe then that way we could keep Cinnabar Island as-is but just redo it. There's SO many cool things that could be done but it would have to be a retelling of the story, not a remake/sequel.

kyuubi93

What a bother
    Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2018
    I think a remake would be cool if they added more friction to the games plot than fighting team rocket at silph. Kanto would have a lot of potential on the 3DS.

Back