• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Excalibur Fansubs needs your help.

jj984jj

Elite Beat Fansubber
Years
  • Super Moderator Note - Satoshi-kun: This thread has approval to stay open, by request of Steve and alert from me. Closing/deleting of this thread may result in a punishment.

Hi, I'm from Excalibur Fansubs, and I was wondering if anyone of you here can translate from Japanese to English and is willing to translate some anime with us? If you can please pm me or post here.... we could really use your help. :) Our current projects are Pocket Monsters Advanced Generation, Pokemon Banned/Special Episodes, and Tantei Gakuen Q. Even if you know anyone who can translate and is willing help us please have them contact me, my e-mail is [email protected] or [email protected] if you need to reach me via e-mail and my aol account is jj984jj. Thanks for your time.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 19, 2015
    We would love more translators for the team so we could release subbed Pocket Monsters before the Pokemon Advanced version in UK/US aired. Also, the subs show the significant difference in the WB translations.

As for the legality of fansubs: Presently there are no subtitled episodes of Pocket Monsters available for purchase, therefore we've decided to create our own fansubs to fill that void. If this fan subtitled version of pocket monsters becomes commercially available, or a company releases a subbed version of pocket monsters, this project will cease as we do this only to serve the Pok?mon fan base. We are currently doing this project under the Fair Use clause and more information fair use can be found at: http://www.eff.org/IP/eff_fair_use_faq.html

Any translation help would be much appreciated and the translator would get credit for helping in the encode :)

Last edited:

Kenta

OK! Kanpeki!
    Years
  • Wish I could help, but I have my own source for subbed Pokemon. An Anime provider who has all the equipment and resouces to sub the anime. He is very good and is also a Japanese Language Major

jj984jj

Elite Beat Fansubber
    Years
  • Kenta said:
    Wish I could help, but I have my own source for subbed Pokemon. An Anime provider who has all the equipment and resouces to sub the anime. He is very good and is also a Japanese Language Major

Ummm.... if he's a japanese major, maybe you can ask him if he'd like to help us release them publicly? It'd be a great help.

Also, I'd like to thank Sunain and most of all PPN for helping keeping the thread clean. :)

jj984jj

Elite Beat Fansubber
    Years
  • *bumb* Heh, I still really need translators for these series and any other if your willing to do them, but I decided to bumb this thread instead of making a new one. PLEASE contact me via PM if you can help.

jj984jj

Elite Beat Fansubber
    Years
  • PPNSteve said:
    ummm stop moving this thread out of the TV shows area.. IT BELONGS THERE NOT IN WEBMASTERS

thanks
    Thank you Steve. I don't mean to cause trouble for any of you here, but I really need the help.

ash_misty4ever said:
    I think this should be in Webmasters Discussion. Please quit double posting too!

*moved*
    It's the first time I've ever done it. :'( I just wanted to bumb the thread, sorry.

Anyway, back on topic, anyone interested in helping? We are also looking for a timer right now, but a translator would be a lot more helpful towards our goal. :) We're not just doing pocket monsters, we're also doing a few other series, some are unlicensed, so if your worried about translating licensed you can still help us by translating unlicensed anime like Tantei Gakuen.

Edit: You can even suggest a series we're not doing if you are willing to translate it. :classic:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 19, 2015
    Excalibur is currently looking for some more staff.

Please either pm or e-mail jj984jj or Sunain if you would like to willingly qualify for one of these positions.

Distro
    -We need a dedicated distro for seeding on BitTorrent. If you are able to help consistently with distro for our releases, you will be first in line to get and watch all of our releases.

Translator
    -Must be able to translate from japanese to english.
    -Must be willing to keep regular contact with the group in some way unless you specify that you are going to be away for a certain amount of time.

_________________________________________________​

Member of #excalibur @ irc.shadowarmor.net​

sunainimage.jpg

Years
    • Seen Sep 19, 2015
    Our releases are available in many places.

On IRC:
    #excalibur - irc.shadowarmor.net --- thats our main channel
    #free_pokemon - irc.dejatoons.net --- mirrors only our pocket monsters releases
    #pokemon_encodes - irc.cybertonium.net -- mirrors only our pocket monsters releases

Bittorrent:
    http://excalibur.edwardk.info/bt/

Fastest and easiest way to get our releases. If you get them on the release day, you'll get the fastest speed and most seeders.

ED2K Network:
    use the search term "[excal]"

Member of #excalibur @ irc.shadowarmor.net
    [email protected]
    http://excalibur.yi.org

sunainimage.jpg

Grimsg

Manga Merchant
    Years
  • Hey there! You guys remember me as the 1 shot english editor in excalibur.

Just saying hi and hello, I hope you can find more translators.

Though how much I'd love to help, I can't because I'm not worthy of enough Japanese language. I can read, I can write but if you ask me if I understand anything audio? nope. I don't.

Anyway, I'll try advertise for you folks and see if anyone I know can help.

Grimsg

Zapchu

Da' Evolution Chu
    Years
  • Hey, if you need any help, I can try to help to translate some Pokemon ADV Generation! But you'll have to give me the dialouge script to translate because I do not have any of the episodes on hand.

The Psychic Psycho

The Truth Is Painful
    Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen Mar 11, 2005
    has anyone attemted to post this message in a popular anime forum elseware? you may have a better chance of finding someone who knows japanese there.

Elite Trainer Raven

Better than you.
    Years
  • Way to bump a topic from LAST YEAR. O_o I think you guys should uh..start killing dead threads that are older than two months to prevent something like this from happening. Cause this is plain ridiculous. o_o

Last edited by a moderator:

Sayuri no Hoshi

♥ i'm loving angels instead ♥
    Years
  • Elite Trainer Raven said:
    Way to bump a topic from LAST YEAR. O_o I think you guys should uh..start killing dead threads that are older than two months to prevent something like this from happening. Cause this is plain ridiculous. o_o
    ...True, but if you saw the nightmare this thread went through with everyone trying to close it and whatnot--a mistake I made before--I don't think you'd wanna touch this thread, either. >_< *sigh* Let's leave it up to someone else to give the OK...maybe a super moderator or another of higher rank who's completely sure of what to do with this thread. 'Cause I sure as heck ain't closing this now, heh. I don't feel like being scolded again...*rolls eyes* Eh.

Back