• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokémon: Dark Dawn [DEMO v0.0.1]

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Nov 30, 2023
Titlescreen.png

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
STORY
The once peacefull world of Pokémon has changed since a big war has started. Regions started to fight each other and useing Pokémon by force to help them win the war. War raged on untill the Pokémon had enough of it and started to turn on their so called masters. Years have passed, and people are now on the run because they are hunted down by wild Pokémon.

It's been years since someone has seen a Pokémon trainer. Untill you meet Red who gives you his last Pokéball which once belonged to his trusted companion Poliwrath. From there on out it is up to you to be the bridge between the Pokémon and the Humans, in order to live in harmony once again.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CHARACTERS

trainer000.png

You:
The male protagonist.

introRed.png

Red:
The main character of Pokémon Red and Blue.

FEATURES

The Hesiodos Region: An all new region.
Original Story: A story which isn't your typical Pokémon story.
A new requirement for catching Pokémon: Pokémon can only be caught if you unlocked that type by doing the main quest. So you need to unlock each Pokémon typing one by one.
Pokémon up to Generation 8
A new evil team who enslaved Pokémon.
A new main Pokémon: Able to change his typing
Increased Shiny Rate

SCREENSHOTS

Spoiler:

DEVELOPMENT TEAM

Salaronde: Lead Development, Mapping, Events, and graphics

Bug Testers:
Trum

CREDITS

Spoiler:

BUGS

• Female lead isn't playable yet.\
• During the search for Aetheos in the first forest you can run out of steps, which will cause a crash later on. FIXED in future update
• Losing to Miltank wil teleport you to the Inn while continueing the event. FIXED in future update

FINAL NOTES

I started makeing this game just 2 months ago, and there is still a long way to go. I think the game has a solid base to built on to. Thanks to the amazing story idea I found online, which gave me the inspiration to start this game. Although I'm still searching for the original author of it. As a Pokémon fan myself hope that anyone who plays the game feels the love I put into it, and enjoys the game to the fullest.

If you find any bugs please report them here.

When you start the game please choose the Male character, Female isn't programmed in yet.

If you want to help on the project you can always sent me a PM.
People that want to help are always welcome.
I'm especially looking for spriters and artist, because I made some art for the game but I know it can be done better.

Try to save as much as you can to avoid bugs.
Thanks for playing, and let me know what you think!

UPDATES

• Currently working on Route 4 and Gloriosa Forest events.
• Boat trip DONE
• Mapping Route 4 and Gloriosa Forest DONE

DISCLAIMER
All Pokémon battle sprites, and tiles are not made by me.
If you use them please give credit to the original creators.

DOWNLOADS
Pokémon: Dark Dawn "Download"
Pokémon Dark Dawn v0.0.1| Media Fire

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 16, 2024
Looks really good. From the name, Ability, and color scheme, I figure that starter will eventually evolve into Arceus?

Downloading right now!

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 16, 2024
That intro was very impressive. Short demo though. But I can't complain. Looking forward to the rest of it.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Nov 30, 2023
Looks really good. From the name, Ability, and color scheme, I figure that starter will eventually evolve into Arceus?

Downloading right now!

You might be on to something there ;)

That intro was very impressive. Short demo though. But I can't complain. Looking forward to the rest of it.

Good to hear that you liked it. Alot of work was put into it. How long did it take you to finish the demo?

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen today
This game has a very interesting premise, I also found two bugs,

1. if you walk around the starting forest too much when you are trying to find Aetheos then a Safari Zone timer goes off and sends you back to the beginning of that event. If Aetheos has moved he will still be where he moved too, however after you catch him and go to the first Rattata the game will crash.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1u_yNf9q0ZPuzVRGc4ZIJQeUGSriZ1ZMp/view?usp=sharing

That would be in Imigur but I could not upload it there due to it being a .HEIC file...for SOME reason. I also don't know how to convert it to another file type.

2. If you lose to Miltank the game will send you back to the Inn but also play the cutscene that you get if you beat Miltank.

Regardless I hope to see more of this game!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Nov 30, 2023

1. if you walk around the starting forest too much when you are trying to find Aetheos then a Safari Zone timer goes off and sends you back to the beginning of that event. If Aetheos has moved he will still be where he moved too, however after you catch him and go to the first Rattata the game will crash.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1u_yNf9q0ZPuzVRGc4ZIJQeUGSriZ1ZMp/view?usp=sharing

That would be in Imigur but I could not upload it there due to it being a .HEIC file...for SOME reason. I also don't know how to convert it to another file type.

2. If you lose to Miltank the game will send you back to the Inn but also play the cutscene that you get if you beat Miltank.

Regardless I hope to see more of this game!

Thanks for the response. I'll look into these bugs as fast as possible. And keep you updated.

Glad you still liked it.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Sep 18, 2023
Hey just played the game and I like the concept of it I did a showcase of the demo and it was a blast the only thing I have to say I did come across a glitch I lost to the miltank the first time and it ran through the event as if I won then teleported me to the elders house in a glitched position where I cant move you can see it in the second part of my video but other then that I love the game keep it up and the story is really deep and dark I like it.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Nov 30, 2023
Hey just played the game and I like the concept of it I did a showcase of the demo and it was a blast the only thing I have to say I did come across a glitch I lost to the miltank the first time and it ran through the event as if I won then teleported me to the elders house in a glitched position where I cant move you can see it in the second part of my video but other then that I love the game keep it up and the story is really deep and dark I like it.

The glitch of the Miltank has been fixed, in the upcoming update. When you lose you will leave the house and the party will be fully healed again. You can then either enter again and try again. Or leave and level up and come back later.

Also thanks for the showcase I really liked watching you play the game 😊

As for the safari zone steps with Aetheos, the steps have been set to unlimited so it won't run out. This will fix the Rattata crash aswell.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Nov 30, 2023
So...any updates?

Hey yeah I've been working on some maps although I didn't work as much on it as I wanted to. Here are some screenshots the first one is of route 4 and the other three are from Gloriosa Forest.

Gloriosa Forest used to be a beautiful forest. But since the Pokémon went violent the people tryed to stop the Pokémon by polluting the forest. As is shown by the green rivers, yellow decaying trees and the yellow clouded atmosphere. So the Pokémon showing up here are Poison and Bug types which you can't catch yet untill you have proven yourself to them.

Screenshot-12.png
Screenshot-13.png

Screenshot-14.png
Screenshot-15.png

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen today
Hey, thanks! I hope I wasn't sounding pushy at all. I was just curious because the last update (and post) was in October.

Back