• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other] How do I insert mugshots into Pokemon Ruby

Years
  • I've looked at many tutorials, but I can never find one that tells me what I need to know. So does anyone know how to insert a custom trainer mugshot in Ruby?

Everytime I try, it just kinda 'zombifies' the mugshot, replacing the mugshot palette with a mainly green and black palette. Can anyone help with this?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2020
    This is the way I found to do it. Replace an empty Pokemon spot (like the ones after Celebi) with the 64x64 mugshot that you want to use. Then use the command "showpokepic 0x____ (hex number of the pokemon's spot) " followed by its x and y coordinates, ex: 0x14 0x3. Making the y coordinate 3 will make the picture show up just above the textbox, while the x coordinate can go from 0-14. Then have your typical msgbox, and add the command hidepokepic after the text closes. You can then show another pic and another msgbox if you have more than one person talking.

Let me know if I missed something or it doesn't work. You can look at the old man's script in the S.S. Anne in FireRed who shows you the Snorlax for reference if I didn't remember the command line correctly.

I don't know if the pokemon's cries accompany the pictures in Ruby like they do in FireRed. If they do, you'll unfortunately hear Unknown's cries if you use the empty spots after Celebi. I've recently asked if there's a simple way to mute them or take them out, but no one has responded to my post.

Back