• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Challenge] THE ANIME-STYLE CHALLENGE (RE-REVIVAL)

Decibel575

#TEAMSOBBLE
Years
  • This challenge takes its inspiration from the challenge that was originally posted here, https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=365891 and https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=391390. However it has been almost a year since the last post, so I doubt we can still use it.

The challenge is the many rules that are meant to create an experience in the games similar to the journey the anime characters go on.

RULES:
    Spoiler:

Challenge Completion Points:
    Spoiler:

EXTENDED CHALLENGE: If you have the ability to do so,you may trade/transfer your BFL to another game and embark on a new journey there. If you want to do that just post a new sign-up saying so.

Sign-up sheet:

Username:
    BFL:
    Game:
    Optional Rules/Tweaks?:

My Sign-Up:

Username: Decibel
    BFL: Pikachu (Because Anime)
    Game: Pokemon Crystal
    Optional Rules/Tweaks?: I shall be doing a game for every region. Shiny Gold for Johto and Kanto, then move onto Pokemon Y for Kalos, Omega Ruby for Hoenn, Black 2 for Unova, Ultra Moon for Alola, and Shield for Galar. Unsure if i will continue to fangames however, since Shiny Gold is purely for Accessibility. It may be fun.

I'll Also be typing my updates in an anime-like story, so look forward to my horrible writing skill. XD

Completed Challenges:
    Spoiler:

Challengers:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Decibel575

#TEAMSOBBLE
    Years
  • First, I had to change what Jhoto game I used, so I chose Crystal instead. And my BFL was changed to Pikachu, since Eevee couldn't be obtained before the first gym in many games.

First update tho! Yey.

Spoiler:

Current Team:
    Spoiler:

Also, I may change the format I write in next time too. Since I'm really not good at it

Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2023
    This looks like something I was thinking about the other day. Could be a lot of fun!

Username: LucarioBread
    BFL: Aipom - I thought of choosing an underrepresented Pokemon.
    Game: Emerald
    Optional Rules/Tweaks?: to give it a bit of uniqueness, Aipom begins with Fire Punch and wears a Red Scarf. In order to emulate Pokemon evolving later in the anime than in the games, I made it so if it fails to evolve, it can try again 10 levels later, BUT the chance has been lowered to 1/5. Additionally, if a Pokemon can evolve twice and has reached its second stage after passing the required level for its final stage, it must remain in its current stage for at least 10 levels before attempting to evolve further.

Diary:
    Spoiler:

Current team:
    Spoiler:

Decibel575

#TEAMSOBBLE
    Years
  • Second update, hope it's alright.

Spoiler:

Current Team:
    Spoiler:

Decibel575

#TEAMSOBBLE
    Years
  • NEXT UPDATE, FINALLY. I had to restart since I forgot to save all the way up until Whitney. XD

Spoiler:

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Feb 6, 2024
    Ohhhh, this looks neat! Definitely one of the more unique challenges I've seen ^w^ I don't know if I'll do any story-style updates, but I'll make sure to take note of the big things, and maybe set it up like D/P/Plt's diary system.

Username: royalsnowangel
    BFL: Houndour
    Game: Crystal Clear (Crystal Hack)

I'm gonna be starting in Kanto for this hack, so I'll be making my way through Kanto, then Johto, and my end goal will be to beat both leagues!

Spoiler:

Current Team
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
  • Username: enderkool
    BFL: Shellos (hopefully east sea)
    Game:Platinum (I'll use Universal Pokemon Randomizer for Shellos)
    Tweaks:No Legendaries (I never saw Ash catch one, so why should I?). Also, I will be doing all NDS games (except for maybe BW&BW2 if I cant figure out how to transfer)
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Kyuuji

Gold himself?
    Years
  • This sounds like something I'd participate in, so I'm in! With my favorite pokemon by my side as my BFL!

Username: Kyuuji
    BFL: Croagunk (Tsuyu) [I switched one of the starters for a croagunk and started with the egg move Fake Out!]
    Game: Soul Silver
    Optional Rules/Tweaks?: To quote the above member LucarioBreed, I was thinking of this and I noticed he/she made it a tweak, and I'm going along with it aswell! "...to give it a bit of uniqueness, Aipom begins with Fire Punch and wears a Red Scarf. In order to emulate Pokemon evolving later in the anime than in the games, I made it so if it fails to evolve, it can try again 10 levels later, BUT the chance has been lowered to 1/5. Additionally, if a Pokemon can evolve twice and has reached its second stage after passing the required level for its final stage, it must remain in its current stage for at least 10 levels before attempting to evolve further."

I don't know if I'll be able to constantly post updates but I'll certainly post the more important events here!

Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2023
    Username: AlmightBreloom
    BFL: Galarian Farfetch'D
    Game: Shield
    Tweaks: I must play on Set. I am allowed healing items if I am not healing the active pokemon, but no revives in battle and I can only heal one Pokemon per battle. The team I bring to the gym battle must be the same amount of pokemon as the gym leader, and the net level of the team cannot be higher than the net level of the gym leader's team. If I lose to a gym leader I am allowed a +3 net level boost. I am undecided on whether or not I will allow dynamax, or only am allowed to dynamax when the gym leader dynamaxes. If an area has different encounters and there is an entry point within the area (think pinwheel forest in gen 5, with the interior and exterior having separate encounters) they will be considered separate areas. After the first gym, i am allowed a 50% chance of a new pokemon per area. I get one wild area encounter for each gym and one before the first gym, for 9 in total. They all have to be from different areas within the wild area. For the final tournament, I am allowed to bring back one Pokemon that has departed.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    so i finally started the challenge in pokemon sun and i chose pikachu so heres how it went
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Forgot my sign up
    Username:Mynameisjames
    BFL:pikachu
    Game:sun
    Optional Rules/Tweaks?:after every trial (grand trials not included) if a pokemon cannot evolve then it will be able to try and evolve again but
    - 1/12 every time
    other wheels
    4/12:https://wheeldecide.com/index.php?c...=No&c9=No&c10=Yes&c11=No&c12=No&t=4/12&time=5
    3/12:https://wheeldecide.com/index.php?c...=No&c9=Yes&c10=No&c11=No&c12=No&t=3/12&time=5
    2/12:https://wheeldecide.com/index.php?c...8=No&c9=No&c10=No&c11=No&c12=No&t=2/12&time=5
    1/12:https://wheeldecide.com/index.php?c...8=No&c9=No&c10=No&c11=No&c12=No&t=2/12&time=5

Years
    • Seen yesterday

Spoiler:

Team

Spoiler:

Back